Watch for false information

One of the most beautiful and accurate sentences that I read today was that : Don’t let the social media rush you. No one is posting their failures. I think this should be printed in the log in page of every trading related communities.

3 Likes

That’s a fact, but there are such ones who deliberately post their failures to create a bigger trust from the audience. I know even such cases when people intentionally post about their failures, while they had no failures at all.
Nowadays the audience of social media, especially those who actively follow successful investors and traders got way more attentive and vigilant. That is why bloggers and influencers should also discover new ways to mess with the audience’s brains.

posting failures means denigrating you personality. I mean, it’s all about PR, actually. it makes sense to post failures, but it is a must to serve them like you are a super skilled guy who managed to find the way out even from the toughest situation, and as far as I know many bloggers do it.
like, “look I came from the slums and now I am a successful investor”
it’s all about PR… sometimes even not wise one, ha =)

I have seen some very useful posts describing trade failures. What is enlightening is why the strategy being used failed. Helps me strengthen my own strategies.

And sometimes although the trade lost money the strategy did not actually fail - it’s just a statistically unavoidable loser.

2 Likes

They will likely succeed in this. Still I believe there will be anyway guys who will follow these successful investors and bloggers just because they persuade perfectly. Viral ads, any kind of promotion in social media make the audience believe this person and that is the main reason why everything posted online should be treated skeptically, completely!
There’s a very small percentage of bloggers and investors who are worth following, it’s really tough to find them and understand that they don’t just hype while provide really useful information.

1 Like

I think here I’ve seen a lot of people post failures (including me) but for social media, that’s a different situation entirely. People won’t post about losing jobs/getting laid off, not having money etc. in general so that’s something you really don’t see and only see “successes” and fun times.

Absolutely, that’s a powerful reminder to take things at our own pace and focus on our own journey, not just the highlight reel of others.