GIVEAWAY: How long do you think it will take you to become a successful trader?

If you’re new here (or you’ve been here for a while but too shy to say hi), we’re giving you the biggest and warmest welcome!

https://gph.is/2abL2jF

Over the last few weeks, there have been a steady increase in the number of people who want to learn more about forex. Whether you see it as a side hustle or a full-time career, we’re happy that you’re giving it a shot! And of course, we’re happy that you chose to be part of the BabyPips community as you go along your trading journey.

And to show you just how happy we are, here’s another easy peasy giveaway!

So for this giveaway, let’s get to know you and your goals!

To qualify, all you have to do is…

1. Reply to this thread with your introduction.
  2. Share your answer to the question:

How long do you think it will take you to become a successful trader?

After that, you’re all set. Easy, right? You can even share your game plan and the steps you’d take to get there!

This giveaway is for TL0 and TL1 users.

:money_with_wings::money_with_wings:Simply reply to this thread with your introduction and answers, and get a chance to win an Amazon gift card worth $25! :money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

There will be 4 winners.

1. Two winners will be selected by the BabyPips team.
  2. Two winners will be selected randomly from the pool of posts created.

The giveaway period starts today April 29, 2020 and ends on May 13, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.

We will announce the winners on this thread on May 14, 2020 so watch out for that!

*The prize will be in an Amazon.com e-gift card format, which means we’ll have to ask for the winners’ email addresses. Failure to respond with your email addresses within 7 days will result in disqualification and selection of new winners.

We’re excited to know what you think and how you plan to go about it.

Good luck!

27 Likes

In case you’re wondering about how to share your answers, here’s SAMPLE RESPONSE:

Hi all! I’m Penelopip from the US. I live with my dog, Chester, who means the world to me. I spend most of my free time playing with my dog and trying to learn new languages from online classes.

I’ve been live trading for 5 months now and I aim to be a profitable trader before the year ends. To get there, I’m hoping to further refine my trading strategy and consistently devote more time to watching the markets for great entry positions.

6 Likes

Hi my name’s Asif I’m from the UK have been practising demo trading for 6 months now and getting the hang of it, I’m looking to get good enough where I can trade Forex and commodities full time but still haven’t reached the level where I’m fully happy with a strategy. I’m hoping to become profitable within the next 6 months to a year. Reason for this is to leave my job and have a little freedom in life to do the things I want as I have a young family and want them to experience things I never could, I see trading as a tool to do that and I’m always learning.

4 Likes

Hi my name is Pip2! I’m a total newbie to FX and BabyPips but so excited to start. I am very grateful that this community exists and that so much educational resources are available through this site. I am hoping that I will become a successful profitable in 4-5 months but I’m willing to go as long as it takes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I’m Mary, an international student in the US (therefore hit hard by the financial crisis during this time). Anyways, I’ve decided to focus on and put serious effort to become a trader yet I do lack inspiration and mentor. I really want to find someone whom I can look up to and direct me since I’m lost with not knowing where to go. Only thing I’m stick with is babypips and waiting to meet some mentor someday. I think it might take 1-1.5 years to become a successful trader with consistent profit. Please hit me up if you’d guide me

5 Likes

Hello my name is Clement.
I think trading is a gradual process and so is learning how to trade. It will take someone approximately 3 to 5 years to actually be successful in trading, that’s my answer.
Thanks

1 Like

Hello there! I’m from Portugal. I live with my girlfriend and my cute dog. I like to play video games in my spare time! I also am loving trading forex!

I’ve been in this industry for almost a year im still not profitable as i would like, but at times like these i have to wait! But im lesrning and improving everyday!!

2 Likes

Hello my name is Jake and I’ve been learning forex for 2 months now, still only trading with virtual money. Waiting till I accumulate more money and read as much babypips lessons as possible.

I believe that a successful trader is both profitable and consistent. I believe I should be successful once I start trading with real money, otherwise it’s back to the virtual account.

Hello, I am MICHAEL I am a student, I have work in different jobs, but I didn’t enjoyed it fully, so I decided to look for something where I can generate income in a smart way. That’s the reason I am here, I have been studying trading a couple of months and I hope to be profitable as soon as posible, may be 3 months, but I am aware that I could take more time. thanks for everything

Hi all! I’m ikechukwu from Nigeria, I live with my wife, Sharon, who means the world to me. I spend most of my free time playing with my wife and trying learn new strategies from online classes.

I’ve been Demo trading for 3 months now and I aim to be a profitable trader before the year ends. To get there, I’m hoping to further upgrade my trading strategy and consistently devote more time to watching the markets for great entry positions.

2 Likes

Greetings, everyone! My name is Nadia, and I’m from the United States. I’ll be going into college for the first time this Fall to study meteorology. A friend of mine introduced me to babypip’s forex lessons. I’ve been demo trading ever since for about five or six months now, but I’m not comfortable trading with real money yet. Now that I have time to study more, I’ve been more successful than ever before. Even so, I think I’ll become a profitable trader within another year or two. There are many strategies that I have yet to fully utilize and understand, but I’m always up for the challenge of learning!

Hi all! I’m Dera. I live in Nigeria and I’m a medical student. Spend most of my time reading about the medical field and learning more about the forex market.
I have been trading on a demo account for about 3 months now. Aim to be a profitable trader before the end of the first quarter of next year. To get there I’m learning new trading strategies daily. Devoting my time to studying the market daily

1 Like

Good day. I’m Joshua, I’m from Nigeria in the African continent. I’ve been practicing demo trading for about 4(four) months, I’ve been reading about trading and watching YouTube tutorials to expand my scope on the whole trading strategies, risk managements, identifying resistance and support levels and habits and trading psychology to prepare me better for the journey ahead. I hope at the end of it all I’ll be a successful and consistent trader after amassing some of the fundamentals. Thank you baby pips

1 Like

Hello All! I’m Ben, AKA bendav91.

I’ve been trading semi-seriously for about 3 months. I was first introduced to the world of FOREX about 14 months ago, and have only recently taken the steps to learn and engage with the community! Hoping everybody is staying safe and enjoying this crazy period of financial instability and capitalising on the heavy swings!

How long do you think it will take you to become a successful trader?

I don’t think you can measure this in terms of months, years or even in terms of profit. As a newbie - I’d like to think this is best phrased ‘When I notice my mindset has changed’. What do I mean by that? I guess its best expressed when I will be looking at the charts in a way only time and experience will have allowed me to do so. I don’t think I will even appreciate that it has occurred without some kind of occasional introspection as to my old strategies vs my new ones, am i still scalping, or have I matured into a calmer time period… what are my short term and long terms goals now… etc.

I think all of the above combined with looking back at today whereby I really am lacking knowledge will probably resonate with some kind of feeling of success! I hope!

1 Like

Hi BabyPips followers! I am Claudia, a Portuguese that has moved to the UK less than 2 years ago. I live with my boyfriend and my cat, the little family I brought with me and my biggest supporters.
Last year I started looking into trading and this year I decided to take a chance on myself. I have been doing it for two/three months now and still battling to get into profit in my demo account. But I am not giving up!
I hope to built a strong trading plan that will allow me to get there until the end of the year. It will be a hell of ride and I know the BabyPips community will be here to help me out! :slight_smile:

Hello! My name is Noah Christopher 23years and am from Tanzania. I take forex in my life as a carrier and i like to learn it more through this portal and books and i hope it will take me only 30days to learn and master skills. Thank you

hello, my name is Jim. I think it takes 12 months to become a successful trader.

Hi, my name’s Simeon Stanley and I’ve been on this platform for not more than 2 months. I’m from West Africa, Nigeria and I’m optimistic that before I finish this course I’ll be a successful trader which will be about in 4 months from now ,with persistence and determination I believe to surpass.
I’ll be privileged to share my knowledge and strategies to great minds alike. Thank you very much!

I’m Andrew, from Canada. I have the expectation to be financially successful in 2 years time. I’m looking for a mentor to guide me through a system and process to help me help others. I’m looking to help support local communities and give back where it’s needed.
Any highly successful mentors out there willing to work with a persistent and dedicated individual who has similar qualities to share their knowledge to help others?