Weekend limit-stop order slippage

I have put a AUD/USD long stop-buy on weekend from 0.63350 & order filled on 0.63496. 15 pips gap in the filled price.

Any solution for this slippage issue other than put limit-orders after market open on Monday?

If so I have to wake up at 2.30-3.30am to put limit-orders manually after market opens as I put limit orders on weekend I’m caught into slippage in limit-orders.

Support & give your ideas or experience. Thankyou.

This is a real issue, worst for traders on shorter time-frames. I try to avoid setting orders after the Friday close and have even at times cancelled stop-loss orders across the weekend - but that introduces another level of risk.

I don’t know of a true solution.

1 Like

@VVimarshana Welcome to the forum… The markets open on Monday AM… First in New Zealand, then Australia and then there is a staggered opening across the Asian time zones…

During the first few hours of low volume Monday morning trading across NZ and Australia… Spreads are huge… Even on the Majors such as the AUDUSD… Spreads can be as high as 20 - 40 pips…

Hope this is of help…

Edit: Please be aware that even during weekdays… Spreads widen dramatically for about an hour at the end of the New York Session and the trading/volume lull before the open of the Asian session…

4 Likes