Weekly Discussion: What are you focusing on this week (Feb 25 - Mar 3)?

We’re trying out a new spin on the weekly discussion thread! This time with a more specific question:

What are you focusing on this week?

This could be trading-related or could be completely something else. What is it that you’re eyeing to achieve or work on in the coming days?

P.S. Just like that, we’ll soon bid goodbye to February!

P.P.S. Don’t forget to join our giveaway! It will end on Wednesday (2/27) night! (Thank you @anon46773462 for spotting this!)

4 Likes

Does it not end on 27th? today still being 25th?

This week I am focusing on President Trump. (Yes I know it is very hard not to be focused on him even when not especially interested! :smiley:)

I am greatly interested in the US-China trade negotiations, the results of which will impact the entire globe. In line with which, I have been trading SPX500 this year and actually getting quite addicted to it! :joy:

But I am also interested in his meeting with North Korea in Vietnam. No trading there but important otherwise.

2 Likes

Currently focusing on perfecting my method, going well so far, but a lot of work to do.

1 Like

Eep you are correct! Good catch and thank you for letting me know!!!

Curious to see how this will turn out also! Will there be more beautiful love letters? Ha.

For my part, I am focusing on achieving my goal for February doubbling my demo account which i opened with 3000 EUR on 4.February-so 3 days left to lever it from actually 5100 to 6000, if i achieve that than big party! Listening to Brexit-talks, whats going on China-US trade, Trump meeting,data release, not opening “stupid trades”!

This week, I’m still kinda pacing myself. :smiley: I’ll focus on continuing to organize my thought process and trading plan. :smiley: Although it’s tempting to get in on the exciting trades you guys might be entering, I’ll just cheer you on and learn from you guys! :smiley: Haha. Anyone have any open positions? :blush:

Continuing my trial of London Opening Range Breakout trades. I did trade these on the FTSE100 index a few years back but I over-inflated my positions and in the end that never works out well - positions ended up so large I could not continue in order to see the statistically indicated results.

Currently using 0700-0800 as the range to be bracketed, no bias from MA’s etc…

Hi, Ria_Rose, don’t worry, I believe you ain’t alone on this. Just take your time and put things in order coz I believe when you get back to trading, you are gonna rock the market real big! As for me, this week is my week of transformation and evaluation of my progress for this month that is ending.

1 Like

I’m on Week 6 of my 10-week trading challenge this week and so far my open positions aren’t doing great. This week, I need to sit down and take a closer look at what I’ve done/doing right now and how I can improve. That and focus on not revenge trading. It looks like I’m due for another loss and each time that happens, I tend to become really emotional with my trading.

i will focus on my graduation from the school of pipsology this week. i am almost done with high school and i plan to spend extra hours to complete everything. thanks.

This week, I am focusing on building my network and improving my marketing skills. I want to do all manner of research so that I begin the next mont on a new page with new money-making resolutions and ideas. I also want to go through individual trading journals of members to understand how other people trade

Building my process. Being a bit more systematic about learning, not just a trade here, a trade there. Making this learning thing a routine.

Looking at some pairs.

just took profit on a long USD/JPY

Have a long EUR/JPY that’s close to taking profit and a GBP/JPY close to taking profit. Might just relax after these 2 trades for the week.

1 Like

Sweet stuff!

Reading. Keeping it simple. Knowledge is power.

Awww. :blush: Thank you sooo much @Doubar! :blush: I really appreciate the support. Huhu. I’d be starting on a new journey again with a different trading approach :sweat_smile: so I hope you wish me luck on that! :smiley: Hahaha.