Weekly Discussion: What are you trying to accomplish this week? (August 19 - 25)

How’s the first day of the week been treating ya? Hope it’s so far been fantastic! As always, I’m here today to ask you a simple question:

What are you trying to accomplish this week?

Whether trading-related or not, this question might just help set your intentions in the right place for the rest of the week! Would love to read about your goals in the coming days!

For those new here, I have a couple links for you as well:

Anyhoo, go on, tell us what you’re setting out to achieve this week!

1 Like

Keep trading the current system. Take notes. Review. Repeat.

1 Like

An trying to make sure I follow my plan religiously as this has often messed me up

1 Like

Trump’s announcement a week ago today upset many forex long-term trends. Many charts show Tuesday as an outside range day or at least a wide range day. But there was generally a lack of follow-through over the rest of the week. So a wide range day, then three full sessions of indecision.

I’m hoping this means these trends have not been reversed and have been only temporarily arrested, so maybe some would say this is a congestion zone. A theory I abide by is that the longer a congestion zone persists following a strong and established trend, the more likely the trend is to re-assert itself, the less likely a reversal is. Which also sounds rather illogical - the longer it takes for something to occur, the more likely it is to occur.

However, I have patience…

1 Like

I’m focusing on the smaller, quicker victories.
Made a couple bucks over just some hours!

1 Like

Practice Practice Practice

2 Likes

Just learning

2 Likes

150 pips as always. Going very well so far.

1 Like

@tommor I agree with you… Definitely a “congestion zone” with the ECB holding a meeting everything’s slowed down a little as banks try to find a true value for the Euro…Of course the value of the Euro effects prices of other pairs

From what I can see this might be a rebalancing period so higher vol… This week I’m going to be riding motorbikes lol

2 Likes