What about Expert Advisors?

Looks like I got edited, sorry mods.

But anyways you can always google for the ea builder and mq4 code base.

While I agree that learning and reading is the most valuable, some hands on playing with the EA writing helps me. BTW, In my EA there are no TI’s other than some previous price action.

It has also helped me create/hack together some “custom” indicators which are nothing more than some horizontal lines that indicate price at a certain time, and/or vertical lines that indicate some normal “action” slots that you see through the day. While it may not have helped me understand everything, it does give me an idea of when things happen and some nice early triggers as to what the movement of the day will be.

In addition, I cannot read a whole lot of new information at once. I can only truly absorb about 1 hour of reading every few hours. Then I need time to re-read and process the data, as well as go back and re-read. By adding the trading stuff, it gives me a good offset to “learning” whilest keeping me in the charts.

I have seen many traders in AVAFX not taking help of analysis or the tools of trading. I liked giving tips and analyzing the market here now I have started some updated news and tips to buy,sell and make profits.

13.01.2009 Tuesday

EUR/USD

Trading series: 1.3295 - 1.3230
Trend: Descending
Sell at 1.3282 Stop Loss 1.3312 Target Price 1.3242

R1 levels: 1.3375 1.3445 1.3560
S1 levels: 1.3235 1.3080 1.3000

Hey Sam, good call, I placed an order last night based on right around the same S/R levels. Good news was that I got in at 1.3320 and got out at 1.3200. I opened another sell trade after the hit the 1.3000. Right now its even money, but its been ± 30 pips this morning.

Did you also catch the GPDUSD sell? I got in yesterday and out this morning at 1.4591, and reentered just a few minutes ago with a TP at 1.4350

I like Expert advisors to but can’t find the right one for me. If i found a profitable EA, there’ll be mixed results from different users.

I�m not a person who usually takes risks, and my job doesn�t permit me to make bad decisions. Do you know some place where I could access to some good information? I mean, some forex basics? Thank you for your time.

[QUOTE=Ichigo;84831]I like Expert advisors to but can’t find the right one for me. If i found a profitable EA, there’ll be mixed results from different users.

just start learning about mql4 language. Then, explore deeply the platform to realize how it�d work on it. In fact that is the point of setting your ea, getting the right one. There are also some trials on your platform, where did you get it from?

I like robots only to trade when I am not available so I don’t lose my trading opportunities, and I also like to build them. I had to learn a lot of MQL4 and I was lucky since I got a lot of help from my broker automating my strategy.

Thanks gabbytrd for your answer. Actually, I haven�t got any broker. I�ve heard about tradeview forex as a good one, but I�m so insecure� Do you know it? Do you know an excellent one?

They’re all right, I’ve been with them ever since I started, and the only thing I’ll say is that I still recur to the demo when I need to test anything. I find their feed and execution as the best among other brokers.

many brokers offer free demos. Mt4 allows you testing ea�s and its performance depends on the quality of the platform. that is why testing many of them from some brokers is useful as first step trading here

Thank you. Your information ins helping me to make my own decisions. I will get the demo and start with my practice.

Hi everybody!
It was not easy but I finally made a decision about the demo and some pages to read. Now I�m training myself with my new account, but I see that�s too difficult. Now what I need is some information that could give me tips or something to be better during my practice. What can I read for that? Thank you.

Friend that is good that you are training your self with a demo account. First, you read about the tools of trading the stop loss, leverage, margin money, limit orders etc. After learning about these tools, start using them in your practice account. For tips, you can go to forexpros.com here you will get the news about the market updates and currencies through which you can decide your trades.

you don’t choose one, you build expert yourself, learn a bit of metaquotes language, helps a lot

Did try to learn a bit, found it very hard.

Oh and by the way, most EAs are junk.