What advice would you give to new crypto traders during this cryptocurrency crash?

For those who have been trading crypto for years, what advice would you give to new crypto traders during this bear market?

1 Like

Don’t trade crypto :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s the best time for new crypto traders to start nibbling on BTC and ETH since prices haven’t been this low since last year.

BTC at 27,000 and ETH at 1,500 are attracitve.

1 Like

I would suggest they stick to the more established coins like BTC and ETH. :thinking: There are so many coins that show so much potential, but time and time again, something goes wrong with them and they up as losses. :confused:

1 Like

At the moment, cryptos are a risk for sure. But you can always trust the established cryptos like bitcoin and ethereum.

1 Like

Do not hold crypto long-term, i.e. without stop loss, instead engage in short-term scalping in assets which feature decent daily volume (that indicates higher chances of favourable bounces that will save your position). If crypto bubble was inflated with ultra low rates, then clearly its medium-term behaviour should be a function of the Fed monetary policy path which grows hawkish.

1 Like

Go short. You’re welcome! @ me for more trading strategies.

1 Like

Now Is a great time to start DCA (dollar cost averaging) with the UTILITY coins of the future that are ISO20022 compliant. Start packing your backs with low priced XRP, XLM, XDC and ALGO. Flare network is set to go live in July, so XRP will see a bit of a jump when that happens, but it you just keep accumulating and holding then get ready for this November when ISO Reqs kick in and Ripple starts being actually used for the High Value Payment Systems alongside Swift just as it was designed, and XRP their native token will be used as the bridge currency for cross border payments. Once full utility kicks in (could take a year or more) you’ll start seeing 10x 20x plus returns on your ISO coins. Bitcoin and ETH already had their hay day and you’re looking at maybe a 2-4x return on those coins at best. Bitcoin is the OG in the space like the MySpace of Crypto, its slow and not energy efficient. ETH gas fees are ridiculous, most ERC20 tokens will migrate over to the Xinfin XDC network to avoid these gas fees. These older coins most likely aren’t going away, but the days of making generational wealth with them are over. If you do your research you’ll see the opportunity that we have now and know how amazing this crypto crash is in allowing you to pick up life changing amounts of coins that will be used in the new financial system. It’s projected that 90% of the crypto space will go away once we have regulatory clarity and so it’s best to chose coins that will make it through the regulation squeeze. My opinion of course, but I’ve been researching this for years and preparing for the switch for a while. By the time these ISO coins (particularly XRP) hit the news they will be unaffordable. Buy and HODL is my advice and know what you hold:-)

1 Like

I’m waiting for ETH to fall further. It’s down to approx.1,190 today.

1 Like

The answer is simple - short. If you like to trade with leverage - trade on FYBIT.

2 Likes

Hopefully you didn’t put in money you can’t afford to lose.

2 Likes

Trade from the short side - well it’s probably a bit late for that now.

It’s the same advice you give any trader trading any market - trade along the line of least resistance.

Bitcoiners need to quit smoking hopium and thinking their beloved market is going to buy them a desert island and instead realize that all markets follow the laws of market sentiment - regardless of the story.

Zero compassion for all those who are knee-deep in BTC losses - it’s the game we choose to play and the warning signs have been there for some time.

Here is one totally arrogant bitcoiner who not only has misled many gullible investors into BTC but also shareholders of his company.

Complete fool IMO

This guy has telegraphed his leveraged bet to the whole market, and because of it its going to attract savvy short side traders who are going to make him pay for that bet dearly.

1 Like

@ontario

I am no fan of scalping but given a choice I would rather scalp this market than hold on for dear life. :grinning:

1 Like

It’s a great time to start. Cryptocurrencies are at their lowest price now. Go for it!

If you had don’t nothing since the post above, you’d have been able to buy at an even bigger discount!

BTC at 20800 and ETH at 1115. It you had timed it right, BTC was down between 17K and 18K and ETH down in the 800s. It’s Christmas! If you have any money left…

Anybody take this advice since Nov of last year? I’d be interested to hear where this investment stands at the moment.

If you are yet to buy cryptos, now is a good time to fill your wallets. If you already have cryptos in your wallet, don’t sell them off. Learn to hodl.

@Gruntled

Not trying to pick an argument but can you please explain briefly your bullish argument for crypto because personally, I believe its a Ponzi scheme of biblical proportions (not that my opinions count for much).

@Johnscott31 It’s not just the crypto market that is experiencing a bearish run, but other markets as well. The overall situation of the world’s economy is bleak, but this is going to end soon. Government regulations will play a major role in changing the crypto market trend later this year and then, we may see a bullish run even if it is for a brief period of time. And, it’s not a ponzi scheme, governments from all around the world are working with blockchain technology, it’s just that people are not aware of this novelty, which forces them to think of it as a scam.

@Gruntled

Without a doubt, the markets are bearish.

But one of the reasons to own crypto was its non-correlation to other asset classes - well that didn’t exactly work did it.

It doesn’t appear to be a safe haven or digital gold

Yes, blockchain is a real technology but interestingly enough there appear to be no pure blockchain plays in terms of companies to own - only the currencies which are not the tech itself.

I am not going to get into whether its all a big fugazi or not, but lots have lost money they could not afford because of choosing a HODL strategy in a market that runs purely on sentiment.

Only time will tell what happens, but momentum is strongly down, and the sentiment is far from deep despair - which tells me there is a lot more downside ahead.

Call me old-fashioned but I would not want to be dollar-cost averaging or HODLING in such an environment.