What amazes me about my broker

I want to share with you what recently amazed me about a broker and hear your reactions, and share your experience good or bad here.
I recently opened two orders and closed them in less than 7 minutes, which is known as scalping. I was confused because I am working with two separate brokers. I texted them to let them know what had happened and to have a look at my trades once more and demand my money back. they move it over to their board. and after a few days, I gave back my earnings, explaining that it was a prize from the board but warns me to be careful not to break any restrictions—even though I had to read their laws and regulations again. :heart_eyes:

What did the broker say?
Did they explicitly call what you did scalping? Or did they just say you had not complied with their Terms & Conditions?

1 Like

it just isn’t, Maya

that isn’t what “scalping” means at all - that isn’t even close to scalping!

what restriction did they allege you had broken?

if your “broker” doesn’t allow you to close a trade within 7 minutes of opening it, then you need another broker!

2 Likes

Hello tommor!
yes they explained me that scalping is not allowed in their broker, i mean the profit is not guaranteed while scalping. and it is sort of violating their rules against scalping.

I am afraid @flamingoproxy
I didn’t get you, you mean it was not scalping??
by restriction I meant not to close the orders less than 7 minutes

Thank you.

The broker is wrong to call your trading scalping, it is simply very short-term trading. Brokers object to scalping because in theory it can be a way for traders to take advantage of tiny delays in their platform responding to market price movements.

But there is absolutely no way a legitimate broker’s systems would be unable to respond to a price change within 7 minutes. So they are either a rubbish broker or they are lying to you.

So I agree with @flamingoproxy, you need another broker.

1 Like

no I don’t think so.
it is something mentioned in their rules and rules are rules.
they explained that their providers needs this time to connect to bank.

Yes, that’s understood. Brokers find it difficult (i.e. expensive) to arrange wide increases in risk cover they need from their bank caused when their clients are changing their exposure to the forex markets very quickly.

But if they need more than 7 minutes, and you need to trade in this sort of time, then you need another broker - probably a much bigger firm would not give you this sort of trouble.

1 Like

You’re completely right.
Because of this, they prohibit scalping.
I believe that the minimum amount of time required is 7 minutes, as stated in their guidelines.