What annoys you most in Forex

You need to know the daily range of any pair before you start trading on it. If you are a day trader, then you should take profit at 80% less of daily range of any pair.

5 Likes

It happened many times when I have to wait for preferred pips for many hours , difference of 2 to 5 pips turns market . I was much annoyed with this situation. This uncertainty is with forex every time. Now I thought I will get sure pips not wait for my take profit target.

Annoying when you have a set of trading rules which you stupidly ignore.
One of mine is not to enter a new trade until existing trades are in profit.
Guess what Iā€™ve gone and done, and yes, price dropped immediately on both trades. Idiot!

7 Likes

Funny u say that. well not funny ed but u know what I mean
I DID SAME THING WITH 1 OF MY RULES last night UGH LOL

Oh and all the freakin spammers that seem to be coming here more and more each week.

This is the reason we need to stick to our trading plan no matter what happens. Often you place a pending order it misses, then you place next pending order very near and price moves against you, hits yoru SL and then starts moving in your favor.

I invested 250 USD, traded and gain 20 within two days and lost the entire money the next three days. Market go against me at all time. What is my problem? I need heip.

Iā€™ll get the ball rollingā€¦

When youā€™ve been in a trade for 2 days, patiently waiting for it to reach your TP. You watch and wait, eventually it gets within 5 pips of TP then, Bam!, 50 pip drop in 2 minutes.

Just happened to me now, if I had a dog I would probably have kicked it. Grrr[/QUOTE]

I absolutely hate it when the news and price are not correlated. The AUD may have a very negative result on a red announcement but the AUD will rally on bad news. Iā€™ve seen this a few times and it puts me off trading the news.

1 Like

Hey all! My first post here on Babypips.
What most annoys me on trading is topping/bottoming situations,like i enter a sell order right at the bottom.
I follow daily tf,but sometimes when i see a good setup i jump right after without checking lower tf (which is already oversold). :rolleyes:
I have been reading the posts from this thread and i can say with 100% sure that some traders donā€™t know the real deal.
I have a system that can predicts news (yes,exactly what you read) because PA tells what is the next move.
I canā€™t trade naked charts but with this system i have 90% sure where PA will go next (combined with the basics of Elliott Wave Theory). :smiley:
I will not say what is the system but if youā€™re interested PM me,i will give you a link to the forum where the system is at.
Market have waves structure,so we have a edge. Manipulation only happens for a short period of time and then PA will resume the trend. Sorry for this long argument,but i want to give my point that trading is not so hard when you have the right tools (mind and technical)

1 Like

Mostly traders do not learn structureā€¦ even i was one of them. but last 8 month i worked on that and my trader is like 60% right side. and iā€™m not emotionals with my tradeā€¦ so Learn structure and price action you will enjoy trading and Money and most is SKILL.

3 Likes

Spikes/upthrust/stophunters whatever you like to call itā€¦ itā€™s a part of the game, but heyā€¦I didnā€™t make their rules, I made my own and they donā€™t always match :wink:

1 Like

I hate when you think youā€™ve caught the perfect position to jump in a trend and it decides to reverse on you.

2 Likes

The uncertainty and pace

1 Like

When I get stopped out just before the trade goes my way and wins big!

5 Likes

@eddieb, thats quite common thing when we are trading in the forex business and this is the reason its always suggested that we move the stop loss to the entry level when we are wanting to have such take profit hit, or even more lock a certain portion of profits such that you do not kick the dog. Shhhhh Animal lovers might not like this.

1 Like

i like this market. we will make more money with it. i think when we join in this market. the most trader like this market because it run 24/5 and we has many indicator. we can use it and we combine and make strategy with market.

1 Like

This is something we donā€™t have any control on. The best way to save yourself from such situations is to protect your profit by trailing your stop or to close some part of your open trade.

1 Like

i personally prefer long term trading, my position are open for the long term.
I sometimes do scalping but it is usually with micro lots and small amounts at stake.
following the trend is risky business and very nerve wrecking, a successful trader always diversifies his portfolio, minimizing risk

1 Like

Software malfunction, trailing stops that dont work before the price reverses and goes against you (bad experience), sudden power blackout when i m almost about to close a trade, watching the market open with huge volumes and volatility and my kids are calling me from the other roomā€¦grrrrrrr

All of the above.:5: