What apps or software do you find most helpful in your trading?

I’m trying to figure out which tools can help me the most. I know there are many apps and software out there for analyzing charts, managing trades, and keeping up with market news. I’m curious to learn from more experienced traders. What apps or software do you find most helpful in your trading? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Hellooo! :blush: I mostly use TradingView (for the charts and trade ideas) and MarketMilk (to confirm positions I’m thinking of opening). :blush: But you might also want to read this thread! :smiley: It’s a bit old, but there were a lot of good apps mentioned like Bloomberg, Yahoo Finance etc. :blush:

1 Like

I use trading view, mt4, myfxbook for position size calculation and checking if news will hit today, and a place to journal my trades (I do it in my tg channel).

I found discord also a good place to journal. Just create your own channel and then take a screen shot of the trade before and after with some reasoning pm why you took it.

I don’t use any other tools. If I were to trade the 1 min chart, I’d probably be looking at a trade manager for mt4 which can automatically calculate position sizing. I’d also record my screen of I were to trade short time frames so I can see my execution.

1 Like

Not so much an app, there is a website called “CentralCharts” which I use to scan the various currency pairs looking for patterns/indicators etc…

1 Like

that is a good idea. I send myself links to articles I want to read later by WhatsApp with a short narrative text about the general subject. I have often included snapshot s of charts (eg from TradingView). I know I can archive WhatsApp, and it’s one less app I need to keep. Also handy for moving content between phone and PC/laptop/tablet or other device. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tradingview to charts and order execution, myfxbook for trade history. I’m still looking for a good journal, might try to find a free template on Notion. Also use the calendar here to keep up with events. Tradingview has a news stream that I sometimes read. Also watch Bloomberg in the morning, ET. Streams for free on Youtube.

1 Like

I use MT4 for trading, but I like the charting of Tradingview better, so I work on that most of the time.

1 Like

I use tools like tradingview, fxstreet and marketmilk for daily market news and chart analysis. Once I’ve done that, I turn to my Fxview broker for updates and check out their resources and blogs, which have been super helpful in improving my trading knowledge. This has enhanced my trading over time.

For trading . MT5 and cTrader are my best companions. I used TradingView before. Last month I stopped using it due to an incident I couldn’t close my positions. It made me loss 3.5k :face_with_head_bandage:

For news monitoring, I am using forexfactory and tradays.
For deeper fundamental analysis, I will navigate to different websites, too many to be listed. But the primary tools have been mentioned above. Nothing fancy or special :sweat_smile: