What Are Factors That Can Trigger FOMO Trading

FOMO or Fear Of Missing Out is an internal feeling, but one that can be caused by a range of situations.
What triggers your FOMO?

1 Like

I often read the news and analysis of other people. :thinking: Usually, when I see a group of people agreeing that the market will be moving in a particular way, I used to just believe and jump in. :open_mouth: But oftentimes, they end up being wrong, and I end up with losses. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Unless you are a robot every trader will be emotionally challenged. It’s how you respond that weeds out the winners and losers. I have learnt to develop a detached mindset. ZEN. Which in my case is to enter trades with a T/P & S/L in place, then close down for the day. The upside is defined profit and losses, which if around 55% gains should slowly build into a larger account size.

2 Likes

My advice is don’t worry too much in the short-term about your profit & loss.

Daily profit targets are a sure way to impact your trading tomorrow. Check the situation only at the end of the week.

More important than your profit or loss level is whether you followed your strategy for the week. If you did, then the outcomes will tell you how to improve. If you didn’t, as well as losing money you have wasted another week of your life.

2 Likes

As you go through life they be more to worry about than missing a trade ,just forget about it, fortune comes and goes

1 Like

I’ve always followed the reddit and discord communities, and it stings at times. I take some stupid trades that are not in my favor, but somehow or another, I am familiar with that market status. and even if I analyze it before taking the trade, the influence never works. Either my SL hits or I have to buckle up early.

1 Like