**_What are the key success factors in entering a forex trade?_**

Hello @soulia.
Thought i would throw my 2 cents in just for fun. Hope thats ok

1. I agree about always using a sl, but im not a fan of a fixed pip SL.

2. 5% is too much risk for me, but to each his own

3. I:500 leverage is out of the question for me

4. I agree about using excel

5. I dont use a TP so a 20 to 30 pip cap on profit wouldnt work for me.

1. My main concern with that strategy is that the 4hr and 5 min are so far apart that I wouldnt be able to correlate the 2. Thats just me tho.

2. I like larger time frames. I can use the 4hr but I have no idea how to trade off a 5 min chart.

1. I agree

2. I double agree

3. Good point

4. At the very least, im always aware of pending news releases, so i agree in principal

Best of luck to everyone

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your views with us. Yes, beginners can take some valuable tips from you. However, what I feel is: risk taking capacity can be varied from person to person. So, every trader can make trading decisions according to his risk bearing abilities here.

worst advice ever

1 Like

thank for the comment.

My main concern with that strategy is that the 4hr and 5 min are so far apart that I wouldnā€™t be able to correlate the 2. Thatā€™s just me tho.

may be further clarification to this point helps in justifying others

let me ask you why would you prefer a larger time frame?
the answer I would expect ā€¦ to catch the trend so, in such case, 4 hr is more than enough for 20-30 pip no need to look higher time frames otherwise you plan to have one trade per week.
but in case of daily trading 4hr is the best as it gives you a range of 50 pips in term of the target even stop loss which is the key factor here.

The 1hr frame will not give a true trend and also I can have a look to confirm the trade

Iā€™m using 2 strategies in 5 min and 1 min to start the trade and minimize the stop loss as much as possible and to perform scalping with many entries to the same target of 4 hr

You do realize that your link to your results is not working i.e. it just shows as ā€œUploadingā€¦ā€ and nothing happens when you click on it.

welcome

the reason of being Conservative about the risk percentage is the latest financial trial performed by city bank which says
only 30% of traders around the globe who have successful trades in Forex while 70% are looser

so this is enough reason to put a clear limit to your risk to be in this market for a long time

unfortunately, the link has been deleted by admin, as I donā€™t know its legal to put it here, i will try here for you,t if not itā€™s my pleasure to send it by mail to you.

my bank account too:grinning:

You just nailed your own backside with that upload i.e. itā€™s entitled ā€œInvstoc Eurusd Reportā€. Now where have I heard of ā€œInvstocā€ again??? And thatā€™s why it was deleted by the admins.

Anyway. Whatever.

Thereā€™s nothing new here my friend. I stand by my original comments i.e. probably some of the worst advice Iā€™ve seen especially for new traders. You like the rest of the 70% - 95% will get stopped out more often than not trading 5m timeframes with a fixed stop loss. And if thatā€™s really your trading results: well then good for you and you must be something really special to achieve that equity curve with the rules that youā€™ve laid out. But hey: if itā€™s true then as I say good for you.

i got it now why it has been deleted , sorry as i saved the screen shot with brand name .

i will remove it form upcoming reports

again what is the role of 5 min ??

the main time frame is 4 hr not 5 min , once i decide to enter the trade for 20-30 pip then i get in 5 min to catch the best entry then perform 5-10 trades with fluctuation so the net trades per day may reach 50 pip as summary

you had to narrow your trading scoop here

Well. My personal opinions aside: itā€™s only a matter of time before you start getting asked to post SPECIFIC trades and BEFORE they happen (or at very least historical trades backup by some form of proof). Posting all of this non-specific general information is of no use to anyone including yourself. This stuff has been regurgitated day in and day out for years on this site.

And by the way:

Was just looking at your chart posted. I hope thatā€™s not a Zig Zag indicator on it. Because Iā€™m sure you know that it repaints and is about as useful as tits on a fish. ALWAYS easy in hindsight i.e. the perfect trades.

dont worry my friend with respect to your opinions .

sure i have been in this site for couple of days and i have already massive number of follower in other places
just give me more time and definitely i will start posting live trades

you are totally right its silly to use zigzag indicator or even 2-3 indicators to perform trading
you need to have 3 different category of strategies
for me am using

supply and demand
classic technical analysis
fundamental
and 2 private technical strategies with 18 indicators

Oh here we go.

Alright.

Please define for me supply and demand. From a spot FOREX chart.

And Iā€™ll not bother with the next two. And Iā€™m pretty sure that thereā€™s a charge for the private strategies so weā€™ll leave those alone too.

But please. For once. Somebody answer the question (YOU seeing as you now brought it up). Show me or define for me supply and demand from a spot FOREX chart.

And while Iā€™m waiting for that could you explain this too:

You know. Just asking. A bit confusing and not to mention conflicting.

I know Iā€™m right. So why is it on that chart then??? I know.

its not single indicator ā€¦take it easy

i will dray simple supply and demand chart now give me time plz

1 Like

i would expect this movement and the confirmation guide will be 4hr and 5 min charts

hopefully i give something useful here:wink: