What are the most steady pairs in the Sydney and Tokyo sessions?

I know it’s uncommon but I prefer to trade on not so volatile pairs. I trade from 00:00AM to 08:00. I figured the USDJPY would be the most stable, what do you guys think?

Personally, I think USDJPY is always a good bet. :blush: :

@Rhye_Remore Welcome to the BP Forum… When you are quoting timeframes (00:00AM to 08:00) you have to also refer to your actual UTC. Otherwise timestamps mean nothing…

Midnight Sydney (UTC +11) time… Midnight Los Angeles (UTC -8)… You get the picture…

Any of the Major JPY crosses such as USDJPY, AUDJPY, NZDJPY, EURJPY… Are usually very active during the Asian trading session…

Also have a look at a few Indices like the JPN225, HK50, AUS200 etc…

Especially the Nikkei225 Index… Japan’s top 225 Stock Market listings… It provides superior Bang for your Buck… You can trade larger positions with less margin than is required on all the other Currency Crosses…

Hope this is of help…

1 Like

I would go for these also if I am only able to trade during Asian market.

1 Like

AUD & JPY with other currencies, are the most stable in the Tokyo sessions. But beware of AUD/NZD as being as challenging as GBP/JPY.

Personally, I trade USD/JPY, EUR/JPY, AUD/USD as being consistenty profitable and any other AUD pairs as being suitable for trend trading.

3 Likes

I think USDJPY is never the most stable and maybe especially not during the Tokyo session.

For me, the answers would be (1) EURUSD and (2) AUDUSD.

Yes, I agree.

1 Like

my UTC is +2. but if my own timezone is already converted to the Sydney and Tokyo sessions, Is referring to my timezone still relevant?

the USDJPY Is NEVER the most stable you say? I thought the USDJPY is known to be one of the most stable pairs.

i find it very hard indeed to believe that any Yen pair can ever be “most stable”!??

1 Like

Would you say the same on AUDJPY?

AUD/JPY does trend trade, although I wouldn’t trade it today because: - the fundamental issue lies with the Japanese weak economy that will drive FX market sentiment on JPY currency pairs. These can be volatile for short periods.

In earlier years prior to Covid the JPY would be considered a safe haven against the USA currency. Nowadays, most fundamental issues lie with the FEDS dictating the USA economic movement.

For me, AUDUSD, EURJPY, and NZDUSD are the most stable ones, but there is no pair that is completely stable and moves smoothly; every pair has its own jumps.

What do the charts tell you?

It’s gone a bit volatile the last 2 years but beforehand it seemed the pair’s been very stable.

1 Like