What Are The Problems Of ''Over Trading''?

It is our human nature to recover our loss as soon as we can, but being patient is the key here. If you start to overtrade

• Your charges for each trade will add up to form a significant amount
  • This amount is going to be felt even bigger if you are not able to book profits
  • You will stress yourself even more

So it is only going to ruin your trading experience. Make rules for trading and follow them. Do not let emotions control your brain.

1 Like

One of the major problems of over-trading is that you become greedy, start wishing for money in a short period of time and ultimately get losses.

1 Like

Once you get used to overtrading you will take trades for the sake of it .
This leads to taking lower probability setups and then worse will lead to revenge trading which is a traders nemesis

In my opinion, overtrading can lead to huge losses and risks so it is very important for traders to keep the greed out while placing trades.

In forex, you should never do over trading as it can lead to extreme losses and can put you in a point where it will get hard to recover.

The problem with over-trading is that you can lose money. Trading when the market is constantly going up or down is scary. The best solution is to find a method that works for you, stick with it, and stop over-trading. Over trading has a negative impact on trading efficiency because it can cause a large number of transaction costs, such as brokerage commissions, transaction costs, and so on.

Over trading is the result of immense fear and greed. It is the biggest challenge for beginners and you have to be very strong in emotion management if you want a shining trading career.

Over trading in forex can do a trader more harm than good. The key quality of a professional trader is that he knows when to stop trading. Engaging in trades one after one will never provide any benefit if you don’t understand the market pulse. New traders often tend to over trade in the hopes of getting a huge win in the first strike itself. But sadly this only leads them to losing most of their money even before they learn the basics of trading. Patience and focus is the key to success for a forex trader. The tendency to keep trading all day without any strategy or planning is the result of pure greed, which is never a good thing when it comes to trading.

One of the biggest problems of overtrading is that it reduces your overall profitability. When you get ahead of yourself and start trading on too many positions, you reduce the overall amount of money that you are making per trade. Another common problem is that over-trading can lead to increased commission charges and slippage.

Do you lose a lot when you over trading?

Very informative and straight to the point post. This actually summed up what goes in our brain while taking up trades from a psychological perspective. I think a trader will be able to control the urge to overtrade once they realise that their brain is just tricking them to receive instant gratification. As humans we cannot function like bots to perform the tasks which are programmed. Human emotions will be there and a good trader should cope with these emotions to take rational decisions while trading.

Thank you for sharing! It is a very handy information

I believe that overtrading in forex can cause more harm than profits, a trader should know when to place trades and when not to, excess greed will give you nothing except losses and risks.

Overtrading literally is the problem. It affects your mental health firstly, and the physical health, maybe, secondly. You lose the ability to think wise and systematical. You lose the control over your thoughts and emotions, you try to do your best, but everything goes wrong.
I am convinced that overtrading is quite a spread problem among traders and there are no reasons not to believe in my words.

1. You are getting weaker and lose all the strengths to continue trading
  2. You start blame yourself and even is about to give up the idea continue trading.
    You require a reload, which might be reached only due to relaxing.

Success short term, can be like a child wanting more sweets . Success long-term is having the confidence and experience, that over time you get to where you want to be

Its leads to overconfidence which is what is not needed in forex trading.

Over trading is the major reason people face losses and blow their accounts. Overtrading is because of emotions such as greed, fear, anger, hope, and excitement. Every trader needs to control their emotions if you want to be a successful forex trader.

As I beginner I think over trading leads to being more greedy.

Yes, one should be careful while trading as overconfidence can bring losses.Due to the overconfidence, people tend to have an exaggerated picture of their capabilities and become overconfident in themselves and their trading ability. Due to their mindset, traders take dangerous market positions.

1 Like

In most of the cases,Overtrading leads to excessive borrowing .