What are the trading sessions

Can some tell me what are the trading hr for the 4 session I’m seeing a lot of different answers and it’s getting confusing

1 Like
Session Major Market Hours (GMT)
Asian Session Tokyo 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.
European Session London 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
North American Session New York noon to 8 p.m.
2 Likes

It can get really confusing in the beginning. :sweat_smile: But this might be able to help you out! :smiley: Good luuuuck. :blush:

1 Like

Agree, there are 4 sessions in trading. The session is 1. Tokyo Session 2. Sydney Session 3. London Session 4. New York Session. We trade in these 4 sessions. However, the best movement is found in the new work session.

Crossover between London and NY

The Sydney session is not a major market - nor is Frankfurt, BTW - and opens GMT one hour before Tokyo in the summer, and two hours before in the winter. And the heaviest movement is as Craig details, The London / NY crossover.

@DR_Echelon Steve369 has provided you with the information that you were looking for. I hope it helps you.

You might see different answers due to different time zones being displayed
Anyways there is no need to memorize them by heart, simplest thing you can do is just bookmark this link:

Set your desire time zone and session hours will be automatically converted for your ease

That tool is SO USEFUL!

A trading session is the primary trading hours and locale for a given asset. Regular trading in U.S. stocks has a clearly defined trading session from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET). The working hours of the NYSE also mark the most active period for trading within a 24-hour time period.

Yeah this is where I got my info from