What are your thoughts about EMA?

Hi guys, what kind of pattern do you use?
What are your thoughts about EMA?
Let’s share with me, thanks!

What’s AMD?

Ah sorry, it’s typo

I mean EMA!

Have you used it before while you trade?

I have an ema on my chart but it’s never been the sole reason to take a trade. It can help show a trend direction but it’s not a reason to enter a trade.

EMA’s are the only indicator I need for quantifying and prioritising trends to follow. They’re not necessary for simple identification (is it or isn’t it?) but handy for selecting the best probability trades, focusing on the strongest/smoothest trends etc.

So how do you find a trade? What time frame do you use?

What are the 3 charts/indicators you look at before you enter the market?

Mostly I look at the 20 and 50EMA on the D1 chart. I want them to be sloping in the same direction and in the correct sequence - that makes what I call my “standard” trend, I then look for pull-backs to find an entry location.

I’m a day trader so I use anything less than 1 hour. So I’m in and out by end of day at the latest.

I’m basically looking for a trade to make sense. It should be so obvious that there is no other trade I could take. I follow strict criteria but do not trade every setup so therefore I trade at my discretion. An example would be if the daily is above 50ma I might only look for trades in the same direction on the smaller timeframes.

" … sloping in the same direction… I call my “standard” trend"

Are you searching the same number of bars on the chart, so you can identify the trend?

So basically you just follow the trend

You Singaporean trader, aren’t you?
Do you think that the tech sector is in a bubble?

Have you ever followed a trading course?

My D1 charts are generally open at 3 months total period (mainly for easy visual clarity) but of course the location and slope of the EMA doesn’t change if you widened or narrowed the chart period.

[quote=“susandrid, post:11, topic:269302”]
You Singaporean trader, aren’t you? [/quote]

Nope, I live in the uk.

No idea what the tech sector is doing. :man_shrugging:
I have 3 setups. One is continuation, one reversal and one divergence which technically is also a reversal.