What are your top 5 crypto to hold long term?

What are your top 5 cryptocurrency to consider for long term investment? Looking at Solana or Polkadot for my 5th.

1. BTC
  2. ETH
  3. ADA
  4. XRP
  5. DOT/SOL

no BNB? :sweat_smile:

Solana for me over Polkadot. Only because of the low fees vs. ETH in terms of NFT adoption. Haven’t looked into ADA yet. Why do you like ADA @baemax023? :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a good question, here’s mine in no particular order: BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP and DOT. There are so many coming to market nowadays it’s good to see which ones people prefer.

1 Like

I agree with the first four. And your 5 is a cheat unless they have merged. We had DOT and sold it twice when it had doubled both times. Hindsight regret, but that helped forge our current plans that I think are more realistic than last year. I am not sure I have a 5th top crypto for long term holding. I have a developing strategy of taking up to 20% of our total crypto allocation and assigning it to what I endearingly refer to as our sh__coin strategy. To date I have only managed to buy one out of a proposed 10 sh__coins. The strategy here is to identify a series of potential 10X, 100X and 1000X tokens and buy into each with a maximum of 1% of our crypto holdings. So far I have invested 0.3% of holdings into one sh__coin that is now worth about one satoshi each but for which our exposure sensitivity is $100 per satoshi. Do I care if it goes to zero? No. Do I expect it to reach 10 sats? Yes. 100 sat? maybe, 1,000sats? No. But it’s like a NSI premium bond. You keep it somewhere safe until one day you may win $1M. LOL. Not sure if I am a gambler at heart, but it sure is fun. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s crazy how we think in the crypto world. 2x-ing twice doesn’t seem a lot anymore lol.

1 Like

Yeah, not on my list. How about you? What’s your top 5?

Cardano has been one of the best performing crypto in the top market cap.

What is its use case? Is it better than SOL? :open_mouth:

i will leave this here for your reading. Many of the numbers will be off, as this article was written in September. For example, SOL is now at a $73B MCap, only behind BTC, ETH and BNB.

https://medium.com/cypher-game/welcome-to-the-solana-ecosystem-cc1b7eab5b91

3 Likes

Another crypto I never saw coming. Thanks for posting this intro to SOL world.

2 Likes

Over 500% gains for me. Wish i bought more. Tokenomics might be an issue for some, but it’s a solid Layer 1 project.

2 Likes

Super low fees, btw, when compared to ETH. And FTX is a fan, which is great for SOL, since FTX is attempting to take over the world.

They’re flush with so much cash! Do you have an account with them?

Mine’s

1. BTC
  2. ETH
  3. BNB

Can’t decide among my sh*tcoins which ones to add for 4 and 5 lol. :joy:

I do but don’t trade there much. Only if there’s an exotic coin I need to trade that I can’t find elsewhere.

Which country are you from? Are they open to US traders? :open_mouth:

FTX.US is open to US traders. Well, a VPN will get you anywhere. Getting your account funds out is another story.

I’m holding BTC, ETH, SOL, ADA, BNB, DOT and ALGO. Happy with those. Might dip a little into some others but these are my mainstays.

I count seven. :wink: Which of these are your top five to hold long term?