What are your top 5 problems as a forex trader?

i know that even professional forex traders encounter some problems. as a beginner, i also want to have an idea of the problems i should be expecting in the future. thank you very much.

2 Likes

Present(still doing it,sometimes)

1. Not discipline with my trading system
  2. Revenge trade
  3. Exit to early
  4. Doesnt paying attention to calendar event

Past (not anymore)
5. Over leverage

9 Likes
  1. Lack of real interest in trading
  2. Lack of self-discipline
  3. Greed
  4. Overconfidence
  5. Lack of real interest in trading

I repeated #5 because if someone’s really interested in trading, they’ll make it work no matter what.

4 Likes
  1. Losing Self Control
  2. Not Sticking to A Particular Plan
  3. Over-Running On Emotions
  4. Inappropriate Trade Size
  5. Overtrading
  6. Not Trading Sincerely
  7. Not Adapting To Market Movement
  8. Not Balancing risk- To – Reward Ratio
  9. Unrealistic Expectations
3 Likes

Calling reversals too early.

5 Likes

The biggest problem is to close a trade too fast.

3 Likes

Revenge trade is definitely a bad one for me. I hate it and it has made me lose a lot of money.

5 Likes
  1. Not sticking with my trading plan
  2. Over think set ups
  3. Leverage
  4. Impatient
  5. Maintain consistency

Was trading too many pairs, narrowed it down to 5

3 Likes

that’s a lot there, mate. hope you get to overcome these problems soon.

amen. this is also something i need to focus on. i know i want to do it. but i am not passionate enough.

sorry to hear that mate. when was the last time you revenge traded?

hard to stick to the plan when there are all the emotions and events coming in.

thanks for all your responses so far. i believe that the first step to fixing the problem is also recognizing them. thanks.

Last week at eurjpy,
Add more short without looking H4 rejection arround weekly pivot,
Still holding it,but with -6% floating loss

Not enough of time in the day after day job that’s for real and not enough some aside money to invest more even when I am loosing, as for information free or paid (paid is mostly scam anyway) - I think everyone have overwelming dosages of this.

1 Like

This is something I have to work on as well! I’ve gotten better. But still I need a lot of work.

While my patience has improved i still should wait a little longer for a better confirmation of reversal.

KC

Forex traders reallly had lack of plan and discipliine , due to these problems they feel difficulty . It happens when they not spend time in practice , not prper learn from thier trading results. They us ehigh leverage , having less experience and make high targets to become rich soon. Patience and passion are neessary to get control ontrading and get rid of mistakes and problems facing during trading business.

1 Like

Yes! The question to ask really is… how bad do you really want to trade?

Passion, patience, dilligent study, discipline and dedicated practice, are some of the ingredients that build and shapens one to be become a successful Forex trader.
It is not a venture that brings overnight riches! Take your time to study or learn the FX Trading skill’s that can benefit you for the rest of your life!
NOTE: From personal experience I have come across many people who have a burning desire to trade Forex, but lack the willpower to go through the great and wonderful, " babypips school of Pipsology" So how will such ones make it, in the absence of a physically close mentor?

Maybe it just means they don’t really have that “burning desire” after all. :slight_smile: