What are your top 5 problems as a forex trader?

sorry to hear that mate. when was the last time you revenge traded?

hard to stick to the plan when there are all the emotions and events coming in.

thanks for all your responses so far. i believe that the first step to fixing the problem is also recognizing them. thanks.

Last week at eurjpy,
Add more short without looking H4 rejection arround weekly pivot,
Still holding it,but with -6% floating loss

Not enough of time in the day after day job that’s for real and not enough some aside money to invest more even when I am loosing, as for information free or paid (paid is mostly scam anyway) - I think everyone have overwelming dosages of this.

1 Like

This is something I have to work on as well! I’ve gotten better. But still I need a lot of work.

While my patience has improved i still should wait a little longer for a better confirmation of reversal.

KC

Forex traders reallly had lack of plan and discipliine , due to these problems they feel difficulty . It happens when they not spend time in practice , not prper learn from thier trading results. They us ehigh leverage , having less experience and make high targets to become rich soon. Patience and passion are neessary to get control ontrading and get rid of mistakes and problems facing during trading business.

1 Like

Yes! The question to ask really is… how bad do you really want to trade?

Passion, patience, dilligent study, discipline and dedicated practice, are some of the ingredients that build and shapens one to be become a successful Forex trader.
It is not a venture that brings overnight riches! Take your time to study or learn the FX Trading skill’s that can benefit you for the rest of your life!
NOTE: From personal experience I have come across many people who have a burning desire to trade Forex, but lack the willpower to go through the great and wonderful, " babypips school of Pipsology" So how will such ones make it, in the absence of a physically close mentor?

Maybe it just means they don’t really have that “burning desire” after all. :slight_smile:

I have face the problem of emotion and feeling, which I can not control during my trading time. Also I have faced right entry and exit problem from the trade.

1. The desire to make money NOW.

2. Not setting stops I fully accepted losing.

3. Chasing trades. Seeing a big move and jumping in. By the time you see it you are most likely too late.

4. Lacking patience and believing I had to be doing something to be trading. Patience is the true work of trading.

5. Analysing the risk right out of a trade. Gathering as much information as possible to prove THIS trade is a winner.

the problem that I often face is often sleepy when in front of the monitor.

1.Lack of discipline
2.Lack of confidence
3.Being greedy
4.Not paying enough attention sometimes
5.Getting easily distracted

1 Like

For folks who are struggling, there is one immediate fix ( if you have not ) , proper money management. When done correctly, it gives you the space to make and learn from mistakes without saying good bye to your entire account. . . all the best!

so many problems we have when trading in practical , but from all “making money very quickly” this mentality is the foremost reason for losing .

Just finished watching this very apt video (12min) from Youtube on the reason 76% of traders using ANY brokers lose money. The message in this vid covers both copy and manual trading issues.

No… Don’t open an account with Etoro, Not trying to advocate for the Broker at all…

1 Like
  1. greed
  2. not following the tested strategies strictly
  3. overshadowing my daily set budget
    i think these three are the one’s i need to work on most
  1. Not taking profits early enough

2. Not adequately back-testing new or revised strategies

3. Determining when market conditions have changed and being able to bring in an alternative strategy at the right time

4. (soon) Parking my Ferrari - the rearward vision is so restricted… :slight_smile:

Just remember to get the 488 convertible… your partner wants the extra leg room…:grinning::grinning::grinning: