What Are Your Views On Scalping as a Forex Trading Strategy?

That’s usually what people say when punching out from the office at the end of the day! hahahahahaha

4 Likes

Isn’t trading a bit like, say, athletics? You do what you like and what you are good at? A sprinter might not be a good marathon runner, and a good marathon runner might suck at pole vaulting.

I see no reason why scalping shouldn’t be productive, but I personally could never spend so much time in front of a screen. I prefer to stalk the forest, spot the tracks, lie in wait for the prey to appear, and then spend time shooting it (with my camera, if course). The pleasure for me is in the strategic analysis and then seeing the outcome play itself out. But that is just me - it would bore others to death without the scalping-style invigoration.

3 Likes

How ironic!! haha

I’m with you. I want less screen time, not more. But a few hours of screen time isn’t so bad! Also, some people love the adrenaline rush of scalping!

I see it like this: if you like the screen time, then go for it! It’s no different from screen time watching tv or playing video games. Except for making money, of course.

1 Like

If it works for you, do it. I’ve never had any long-term success with it so I don’t do it.

Looks like you had a good day, congrats, treat yourself to lunch.

Now, let’s see one of your bad days…

3 Likes

Now that’s a positive attitude! :+1: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

imagen

1 Like

Better than working full shift for some crazy boss!

1 Like

This is very impressive, am a newbie and I’ve been tying scalping for quite sometime now and it not that bad. Would share the your strategy, which indicators do you use?

I started as a scalper. My first 500 trades were most definitely this method and I know it works, so I can’t knock it. I prefer the longer time frames now. Sometimes, if I have some free time and decent margin, I’ll scalp a bit just for fun. I enjoy the rush.

2 Likes

I mostly trade on shorter time frames as a newbie and set my stop/losses. However, when I spot a trend I jump on it for a quick scalp. Granted, I’m still discovering my strengths and weaknesses as a trader, and sticking to trades in my demo account. Overall, my biggest gains and losses have been short trades, more wins than losses.

1 Like

If you learn how to scalp with the trend instead of against it you’ll be much better off.

1 Like

So true. Yesterday I placed a scalping trade on the EURUSD pair in my demo account. I waited for a bigger bullish candlestick then entered the trade on a clear upward trend then closed out for a quick profit.

They don’t anymore-they employ people with programming skills to run Algo’s to scalp for them…!!!