What causes these?

Hi I’m relatively new in Forex

on demo account but i got stopped out on my long order due to this “something”… what is this caused by?

You have marked a level which many traders would see as support, as falling price has bounced off it twice. It would maybe have been more likely to do that at the level of 1.10000 as it is a round number so support or resistance at such a level would be potentially more reliable.

On the third attempt, price has broken down through the support level. Many trader say price will often break through support/resistance on the third attempt.

I’m avoiding commenting on the indicators shown, I don’t think they add much in most situations.

2 Likes

You took the buy because you saw that price rejected that same level in the past. I used to do the same thing, and got burned LOL so just wait for confirmation of rejection before just entering for the buy once price reaches that level.

I follow the trend, so I would have been looking for a sell entry like this below. When price broke through the first support, I would have waited for that pullback back to that previous support or trendline. Price formed an evening star pattern right there as well

2 Likes

Hi
Thanks for the answer :smile: I’ve just realized that i was using Stoch all the way wrong because if the price is in a oversold or overbought area it does not mean it will reverse tough it means that it is in a strong trend an especially if the Stoch is beloved or above 50 and there I’ve done the ultimate sin traded against the trend… yea

PS. God I hate trading reversals. Everyone else loves it.

1 Like

@Ervin_Nagy Those are also what people call liquidity traps. Market makers (brokers, whales…etc.) will dip price up or down past a level where a ton of orders are stacked. This triggers breakout limit orders and stoploss orders. Next phase is to quickly move price the other way and trigger stoploss orders on all the limits you just set off. If you notice, almost every pair will go through a phase of ranging 35-60 pips. Most people set their stoploss at what?.. 10, 25, or 50 pips. When you see a bunch of wicks developing in a certain grouping of candles, like the 5 dead-middle of your chart, that’s stop hunting. Place a counter-trend order and pick up a quick 50 pips.

Also, overbought and oversold is a fallacy in trading. Price will go as far as it wants in any direction. If anything, when the stochastic crosses the 50, stay with the trade until in comes back down under/over the 80/20. Just my opinion on how to use the indicator :man_shrugging:

Gimme that middle 80% all day, every day.

My personal opinion: using an oscillator (I believe the Stochastic, in your case) during a trending market is like using the fork to eat the soup.

1 Like

Yeah as i learn it is bit frustrating to just think about what I was doing back then… Constant learning