What did you learn today

@JannikHofmann :grinning:

Thanks! I will take it as a add-on to my knowledge.

Here I am mostly talking about marketing.

Since, marketing is more subjective, experts marketers tend to use a strategy that is more convincing to the public based on neuroscience than telling the reality of the product, if the subjective views and the product to be market donā€™t align. :slightly_frowning_face:

Summary

Thatā€™s one of the reasons in startups, the accounting department along with the design/production department always have conflicting views with the marketing department.

At the accounting and design/production department, they believe in the hardcore - what really the product is? who it is for? and who it is not for?
But the marketing department on the other hand say No. The features of the product doesnā€™t matter. What matter is what the customer think the product is intended for.
The key takeaway here is the word "think" which might not be real

Example: Customers are complaining that the public train is very slow. How can we solve that?
Accounting and Design/production Department: ā€œWell, we are going to invest more money in research that which the design/production department will try to come out with a better engine that will make the train go fasterā€
Marketing Department: ā€œNo! We should rather employ attractive males/females with good communication skill, they will take care of customers request.ā€

Surprisingly, the later is what the company will execute. Why? - 1) Time is not real. 2) It will be cheaper to employ those attractive personalities than to invent a better engine. 3) S*x appeals have high selling rate. 4) Increase PR.

Sad but truth

2 Likes

I have learnt new strategies to trade.

The Youtube algorithm recommended this A old man's advice - YouTube, and there are plenty of things that traders can learn from here. :grinning:

Indeed a food for thought! Thanks Man, for giving me a different perspective.

Itā€™s unreal for sure but if this wasnā€™t the title, we wouldnā€™t be having this discussion. These catchy titles are powerful tools for the marketers. If itā€™s stuck in our heads and we are talking about it, their purpose is complete.

1 Like

:sweat_smile:
You are right.

Oh, ok. Well, as long as itā€™s not poop.