What did you learn today

Today I learned not to pick money from the streets of west Africa. You may most likely turn to a yam

2 Likes

I love yam lol.

Not if that yam is you. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Today, I learned that eating too much cake all at once can make you dizzy for at least an hour. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I learned that a lad named Dennis thinks he knows more than the American and German Governments and
everybody else in the world for that matter. He knows so much that he refuses to use a capital first letter when he writes the name of President Biden. How sad is that.

What is too much cake :thinking:

1 Like

@ponponwei till you get eaten :joy: wonder what you’ll taste like

1 Like

Is this a local saying? Please explain. For some reason, its making me laugh.

Fascinating read somewhere also that eating cakes help improves IQ and aids in clarifying the mind during trading. I wonder if that’s true

I think you’ll understand easier if you believe in voodoo and juju (dark magic). Here objects like money or sweets lying by roadsides are believed to convey some sort of dark magic or juju which when picked could turn a person into an object or an animal in some cases make such person insane. It’s a popular method of human sacrifice. Unfortunately, children are the most affected victims

1 Like

So not so funny.

1 Like

Have you ever seen it happening. I live in Africa and often hear people say that. But I have never seen someone turning into any sort of thing when they pick things on the ground.

1 Like

I’ll inbox you then we may discuss this fully

If it’s in a secluded area or late at night, sounds like a trap for human trafficking.
Hence parents make up stories to keep children from getting kidnapped and trafficked.

How does one pick up an object on the roadside, then end up as a human sacrifice?
That’s not superstition, that’s a trap.

…Jeez. What a dark thread.

1 Like

Today I learned that my existence is a miracle :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: And it applies to all of us alike!
Soure : What Is The Likelihood That You Exist? : ScienceAlert

Today, I learnt that honey is actually bee vomit. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

The Youtube algo “made” me watch a show on how humans made the 3rd or 4th largest lake in the world, the size of West Virginia, disappear.

Pretty interesting actually.

2 Likes

Yeah! Now it’s clicking.

1 Like

@JannikHofmann :dizzy_face: I think the honey being made from bees’ poop is more convincing for marketing than saying bees’ vomit.

Honey is bee’s poop - that sounds like the nectar passed thru a complete chemical process :joy:
Honey is bee’s vomit - that sounds like the nectar is not good for the bees, so they are throwing-out :face_vomiting:

1 Like

@AlfaaJalloh I don’t know how I am going to eat honey ever again after the detailed explanation that you gave :joy:

Coming to the facts,
Actually honeybees have a separate organ to store the honey, it’s a part of the esophagus. They also have a mid-gut for digesting honey. It never reaches the digestive track where the food is broken down and made into poop. So, it’s safe to say that the honey we eat is not poop. But the honey that doesn’t go in the digestive stomach is regurgitated from bee to bee. Since it’s forced back so it’s more close to being a vomit.

1 Like