What do you do when you feel like there's no progress in your trading?

Stop and Demo for few weeks. Do back testing. After I blew my account after I lost my mind I stopped trading and had to reflect on what I was doing and looked at past Demo’s. I found even though I Love Scalping the Market and getting 200,000 Pips a Days scalping was not for me. I could never hang on to the money and now I just do Boring Long Term Trend Trading. However I can grow my account slowly and be happy about it.

I Found Demo’s that were still making money after 4 or 5 Months later after I had forgotten about them.

That’s what’s great about demo’s if you get into a rut with your trading you can go back and see what has been working and what has not been.

TabiusLee
My Proof Profit Strategy

1 Like

The first thing to do in such situations is to stop and take a break. During the pause, you will be able to analyze your strategy and trading in general calmly. It may be worth trying new approaches, choose something more relevant for you. The main thing is to work on errors and reboot your brain, and in a week, you will be able to trade with new strength.

Many beginners don’t last very long in the Forex market – not necessarily because they deduce losses that are impossible to recover from, but because they make a few losses in the beginning and give up.

It isn’t easy to become a successful, profitable Forex trader, but anyone can become one by taking a professional approach to Forex trading. You need to knowledgeable to succeed, as well as experienced. Before you enter the market for currencies, consider using a demo account for quite some time until you build up some confidence and find something that works for you.

This is something that I do as well. It is important to take a break if things are not going in your way

If you are not satisfied with trading, you need to take a break for a while. This needs to be done to clear the mindset. And if you can, you can do demo trading during this time.

I lost 5 trades in a row. Felt like giving up. Even in life we don’t get 5 set backs one after another. But you need just one good 6th trade to restore some confidence.

I get frustrated, thinking back on my choice and regretting choosing to do forex trading and then forget about it next day and start trading again with fresh mind.
And the cycle repeats.

1 Like

Yeah! :smiley: A fresh mindset really helps. :smiley: I just hope you also keep the learnings you got from the previous day and not forget those too. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha, that is definitely a must otherwise all these frustration must have been fruitless :sweat_smile:

Sometimes, it is demotivating and disheartening but I think losing hope is not an option we must stick to our strategy and plan accordingly and make more efforts to get back into the game.

I would take a break. Though this didn’t happen with me.

Why are you trying to find progress? If you have a profitable system keep doing it and just scale up your account over time.

i try to review my trading plan.

When I find nothing good going on then I change my trading strategy and test my new strategy on demo and if it works then I start trading on live too with new strategy.

I think that in such cases the demo mode can help. This will allow the trader to work out new strategies and refresh their knowledge.

when you see that there is no progress in work, then you need to use something new, find a new approach and strategy, you need to change the situation

1. Accept responsibility: You made the loss; be sure to own it.
  2. Stop trading: Take a break to figure out what went wrong.
  3. Have a plan: Make a detailed action plan for future trades.
1 Like

Sometimes taking a break just to contemplate everything is what is needed

I try to sort out why there is no progress in trading and what do I do wrong. Actually these are the main questions which help to determine the vector of my strategy and it’s effectiveness. In most cases, eveyrthing is wrong with your strategy, rarely it can be connected with your mental health, like burning out and stuff like that. To my mind, we have to sort out what’s going on with our strategy, because makrte isn’t stable and it changes from day to day, hence we always have to create strategies which can be suitable for particular market conditions. No doubts, that by such steps we can get rid of regress, but also we can prevent it in future.

That is a very good analogy. I agreed with the fact that sometimes strategies can be wrong due to external factors influencing that, so sometimes it does not work out the way that we wanted it to in trading.
Whenever trading is not going right, I get frustrated and panicked easily, but now I keep trying to control my emotions and trade with a gut.

1 Like