What do you do when you feel like there's no progress in your trading?

That’s a good way of approaching it too. :blush: Review and evaluate what you’ve been doing wrong, and eventually figure out how you can do things differently. :blush: Thank youuu Eroedon for hopping on here. :blush:

I do! :blush: Haha. I just need to do some updating. :sweat_smile:

Such moments always happen periodically and the most adequate thing you’ve got to do is just to get over it. Most of the people give up trading in such moments because of the fact that he just lacks motivation which is necessary for further development in every sphere.

It’s not the glamorous part of trading - going back to review what has already completed. But it can give great insight into what you’re doing wrong and right.

I simply take a much needed break from the market and no YT videos or even forum participation.
I play the drums as a hobby so unwind playing those and a brisk walk near my home .
It’s good to get some time away from the charts :ok_hand:

In my 14 years of journey,i have countless stucking moment.failing for thousands time. Especially the more you getting close to success,the longer you will get stuck.

So i stop thinking of it,with all the hate within me,i started to wander around for 2 years.and one day,everything start coning together,id think of something new,thats how i got through the barrier.

Now,theres no more barrier ahead anymore,im just feeling incredibly loss,i miss those days when problem need to be fix ,and the happiness when i found the answer and keep progress,now is just watching time flow

After analysing my trading journal, I prefer to adjust my trading strategy to get to a point where I am not at a loss, if not at profit.

When traders feel there is no progress, it is the time to introspect their trades and risk management to find out what went wrong. Because the market is unstable, strategies work and do not. Switching to demo trading and testing our strategies is a wise move. We can always turn back to live trading once we gain confidence.

This is something that happens, if it’s not working and you feel you’ve given it your all then try something new

When you don’t see any progress in trading, the first step is to stop your losses.

You can take a break from trading and analyze your past trades. Some traders keep on trading with the same strategy, even if they lose money consistently. This is a trap and if your strategies do not work. Stop trading for a while!

You can switch to demo trading and test your strategies because they fall in and out of the line. You can also test strategies of traders. Your goal must be to create a flexible strategy.

I also prefer taking a break from trading. It gives me time to contemplate over my trades.

Definitely! :blush: Although it takes patience, I think it’s something that sets the profitable traders apart. :blush: Thanks for that Billy! :smiley:

That sounds so cool! :smiley: Haha. I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the drums, but I don’t think I have any talent for music so I just gave up. :sweat_smile: When you stay away from even the forums, are you not scared that you might miss really important events? :smiley:

That’s very philosophical and I never really viewed it that way, tbh. :open_mouth: But that’s such an interesting perspective, especially if you’re in Forex for the challenge of it. :thinking: Have you tried exploring other financial markets also?

Nice! :blush: Do you just do minor tweaks to your trading strategy, or have you experienced having to completely scrap it altogether? :open_mouth:

Do you completely get away from trading and looking at charts and reading analysis as well?

I play stock and eos coin for the moment.i hate to reveal much of myself,but all financial market looks the same for me ,because i had cracked the chart game,so with dif setting,i can win everyone of them.the only different is most of them don’t return that well,so i choose the highest repay item

Sometimes it’s okay to temporarily face such issues. It’s not possible to win on all days but if you are facing it for more than a usual amount of time then there’s some serious mistake that needs to be fixed. Try to find out what is not working for you, make necessary changes in your strategy and use it on a demo account and then come back to the live market.

I prefer to take breaks. I know, it’s usually not a good idea to take breaks. But sometimes, you just need to get your mind off the markets for a bit. Spend some time with friends, or go to a gallery, or watch a movie. In the end, it’s about progress.

I also do the same mate, taking breaks actually refereshes your mind and can help to start trading in a better way after that.