What Do You Genuinely Enjoy Most About Trading?

When was the last time you actually had FUN trading?

And no, I don’t just mean the fun that comes with seeing a winning trade turn green. :sweat_smile:

Think back to when you were first learning about the markets. Maybe you could spend hours staring at charts, testing indicators, reading about different strategies, or figuring out why price moved the way it did.

There was something exciting about simply learning .

But somewhere along the way, it’s easy for trading to become all about results.

More discipline. More backtesting. Better execution. Bigger profits. Fewer mistakes.

Of course, all of those things matter. But here’s an interesting thought: maybe becoming a great trader isn’t just about how hard you’re willing to work at it. Maybe it also depends on whether you genuinely enjoy the process enough to keep learning and improving for years.

After all, it’s pretty hard to master something when every step toward getting better feels like a chore.

Which got me thinking about all of us here…

What part of trading do you genuinely enjoy the most, even when there are no profits involved?

Entrepreneurs inevitably experience ups and downs in their ventures. I believe forex traders are no different; fluctuations in trading are simply part of the game. When I don’t make a profit, I tend to accept the outcome with resignation. It might simply not be my time or not meant for me. So, throughout the process, I simply do my best and place my trust in the Creator.

I love to analyze. Always in my life, I love it. so I analyze, test it, enjoy the result

At very begginning (thinking about ~18 years ago) I liked the challenge and looked at profits as “outsmarting” the market. Soon I’ve discovered that market doesn’t care how smart I am :wink:

Studying patterns and other reasearch was fun in a similar way as you play RPG games and unlock next skills, find secret rooms and fight bosses (but on charts).

Now I find fun in scalping and giving myself some adrenaline rush - this feels more like action RPG when you actually actively hit these monsters. It became somewhat more interdisciplinary hobby, where I can put some development (like creating MT5 panel to help with one click scalping etc.).

No boss is around anymore

When you catch something based on your own knowledge, it feels really good. You’re like, “Hell yeah! This is exactly what I was thinking, and I was right!” :smile:

When I was new I could spend 4 hours on a single candle just trying to understand liquidity, now everything is about profit target and it killed the fun. I realized I enjoy building the system more than trading the system.