What do you guys think

Why force yourself to sit down at study charts? The dissonance created that comes from doing something you clearly dont want to is bad for anyone - for an ADHD sufferer worse ten fold

Keep life simple and use daily charts, so many benefits from the dailys I really don’t understand why few want to use them

3 Likes

I partially don’t have the patience

1 Like

Just like @shimraw said, he doesn’t have the patience for D1. M15 is quite popular among some people. Some prefer H1 or H4.

I couldn’t handle the monthly charts. Waaaay too slow. Perhaps for others, the D1 is too slow.

However, the daily charts are my cup of tea.

Looks like you don’t have tools or theory of how to solve the task you set, somebody said that interpreting charts is an art the problem is you have to work out tools yourself this is the most challenging problem

1 Like

@dushimes

While I do understand the patience thing, I think if you do NOT have the patience for a DAILY chart (besides ADHD) there is something very wrong with you

Patience is the most important skill for a trader.

Lets face it - it’s one friggin day!

Its also not like you have the sit at your terminal for 24 hrs twiddling thumbs

If people lack patience to wait one day that is a sad indictment of our society.

So what is it to be lacking patience to use a daily OR the impulsive and knee jerks that are part and parcel of the intra day to timeframes?

I have spent weeks waiting for the right set up - and you know what - once you’ve done it once and it pays off it really isn’t that bad

These days I get set ups maybe 3 times a week (not all pan out) - is that really so horribly bad?

My god our grand parents must be looking down on us all thinking what an indulgent lot we all are not being able to be wait ONE day!!!

2 Likes

I understand that is one of the reason, but like he said, if you can’t have a bit of patience for daily chart then it will be very difficult for you to maintain healthy trading setup.

1 Like

And it will only get worse. I can’t imagine Gen Z being any better at being patient. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Did you mention how much time you can sit comfortably?

I don’t really think that you should spend hours following the charts. I think that it is much better to trade longer term and plan your actions more carefully before opening the deal. I cannot understand the traders who spend most of their trading days sitting before the computer screen and watching the charts. Firstly, it is a very tedious task and harmful for the eyesight. Secondly, such a trading manner makes psychological factors influence your trading decisions. I think that it is much more useful to trade long-term. You’ll make higher profits within the single deal and you can also do some other things which will be valuable for your personal development.

Sometimes it may be harmful for your trading decisions.
I also have such periods when I just don’t see any patterns and signals, so I try hard to find at least something in order to open a deal. However, I have noticed one thing: very rarely did I manage to make a profitable trading decisions. When you make yourself sit and find something, you can find the signals which are really doubtful and you’ll follow them because they are ‘better than nothing’. In such situations, you’d better avoid trading at all and wait till the next surge of volatility.

Best off going on for long trades where you need less of them to make some money, when your happy to focus

After a fews years down the road,youll have charts in your head,you dont sit infront of them anymore,you carry them around

I don’t agree with this point that watching charts will harm your trade. Yes, it is tedious, but investing your money on a trade and then shutting down the laptop and imagining that you will make a lot of money, is not going to happen. On the contrary, you will lose the chance of making more profits and changing your strategy as per the market movement. Adaptability is the key. There are many moments where you need to change your strategy as per the market, and without viewing the charts, you will never know that. So, I don’t believe that watching charts is harmful and useless.

I believe that it is not the best idea to force yourself to do the market analysis.
Everybody knows that a trader experiences the influence of psychology quite frequently on the market. This may affect their trading decisions and trading results as well. In order to avoid such an interference of emotions into trading, a trader should be as neutral as it is possible. If you force yourself to do something, it means that you cannot be neutral at the moment. So, I also experience such moments in my trading routine and I do understand that I just need to come down and relax for some time. I started practising meditation and I should say that it works. It takes about 10-15 minutes a day but it is really effective. This helps clear my brains and become emotionally stable and unbiased which facilitates making right decisions.
Or maybe you just need to change your trading style. Perhaps, the main reason for you to trade the way you do is just the fact that someone taught you to do so. You can try different timeframes, for example, you can choose longer term trading in order to make the market analysis less frequently. Probably this will make you feel much better about trading.
Anyway, everyone should decide for themselves as one man’s meat is another man’s poison.