What do you think of the sought ban on Phl execs in the US?

Lots of people have been talking about this issue over here in the country. :open_mouth: I’ve been wondering whether US citizens are aware of this, and what you guys think of this. :slight_smile: I feel like the case vs. De Lima is also baseless and just a way of the administration to silence its critics, so I’m super okay with this. :open_mouth: BUT of course, that’s just my personal opinion. How about you guys? :thinking:

It seems the Senator has been battling with the administration for a long time and on solid human rights grounds.

I’m sorry the US has not been more assertive before now. It seems ironic they now propose taking stronger action against prosecutors than against perpetrators.

No doubt the US has to be concerned about pushing the Phillipines towards closer ties with China, but too often it seems that Trump’s foreign policies amount simply to looking up what Obama did and then doing the opposite.

1 Like

Thanks for sympathizing with us, Tom. :frowning: Yeah. I actually think that this “interference” by the US govt is long due. :frowning: I mean, it would be ideal if we Filipinos could stop what is happening ourselves, but it looks like we really have no say in who or which countries our government wants to be associated with. :frowning: I even read an article where Duterte (our Pres) said that it’s the Philippines, Russia, and China against the world. :frowning: