What does it mean to be 'Loosing' and to 'Loose' a trade

I’m so lost when the forum says “a loosing trade”. I have no clue what that means. Loosening your stop loss? Or loosening the trading system after a loss?

Who taught them to use these terms or is everyone misspelling these words? A great reason to never ever take financial advice from a forum.

1 Like

Dont be too hard on the folks here. English is not the first language of everyone here and even when it is we can make mistakes. I suspect the poster meant losing though, and not loosing.

“…never ever take financial advice from a forum.”
So if a mad person told you not to purchase an EA that was selling for 50k and had a claimed success rate of 100% you wouldnt take his financial advice? lol.

1 Like

Yes its a spelling mistake, it should be losing trade, not loosing trade.

I work with the scammers. I don’t buy EAs from them.

And to back up Tommor’s spelling correction, I would understand “loosening your stop loss” as a correct spelling where loosening would mean setting a less tight stop loss to allow your trade some time to develop. An example would be someone setting a 5 pip stop loss, and after results analysis deciding this was way too tight, then “loosening it” to a 10 pip stoploss.

There’s a sign here at my workplace that won the safety sign of the year:
“Safety is not a gamble, it hurts to loose”. I’m the only one that says there is a misspelling… hang loose!

Hi,
I am British and did my primary and secondary education in Australia, which may explain why my spelling and grammar matter to me. It does not appear to matter to most of my fellow countrymen, and I am reliably informed that spelling, language and the use of words changes over time anyway. What concerns me more than spelling is that I sometimes can’t understand what some people under 30 are saying when they speak English. Four years ago I had conversations with Italian doctors and nurses in a hospital there when the only Italian I knew was Bella. Thanks to Google translate, we were able to understand each other. But that does not work when colloquial differences in the same language cause a translational disconnect. Just an observation from an aging member of society.

If your workplace was in the business of making and selling lanyards I would say the use of the word loose there was a play on words and perfectly appropriate.

1 Like

I’m in California… English wasn’t their first language… ha.

Others have mentioned that losing is meant. However it does raise the point of not ‘loosening’ the stop loss and thereby increasing your risk. Seek to reduce risk not increase it.