What does your Forex trading workstation look like?

How do you guys setup your trading station at home/office? Do you really need to have a multi-monitor setup like this one?

(photo from google)

multi-monitor-setup

MIne is a mess haha, like my life…

anyone can get motivate by your set up.hope, this environment will motive you more and more.

Imagine having a setup like this! :scream:

Or actually this one Samsung curved monitor might be enough:

Only for a cool $1,000 USD. :joy:

Multi-monitor workstations could be necessary only if you need to watch several markets or trade several instruments (for example, stocks and options at the same time), but there is no need in such systems for the reatil trader. The best solution would be a high-quality single 22-24" monitor - it would be enough for almost all possible scenarious.
In fact, hardware is not such important for trading, as it deemed. The overall perfomance of the system, its speed, is much more important than the screen size. That is why many traders (mostly active daytraders) use gaming laptops. Additional monitor could be necessary if you would like to watch positions and make a research at the same time. For example, you can use one monitor to keep the platform opened while using second monitor to read the news or launch additional tools like Forex Tester (backtesting software) or to work with your trading journal. Most of the desktops and laptops allow to connect second monitor without additional modifications, so this would be the easiest way to create enough “screen space”. If you have no possibility to add second monitor, make sure your system works as fast, as possible, so that you could compensate the lack of space by switching from one window to another.

3 Likes

Depends how many eyes you’ve got…

2 Likes

That’s so cool! I would love to have that one! Maybe someday, when I’m already a successful forex trader. :grin:

Thank you for your detailed response. Really helpful. :slight_smile:

This is funny! Thanks @anon46773462!

1 Like

In all seriousness though, I think a two screen setup would be your best bet. You can work and do other things while possibly still looking at charts. :slight_smile:

:sunglasses:
-hotel room
-laptop
-free wifi
-mouse
-coffee
-sticks
-notepad (left) with the main events of the day

1 Like