What EA you use?

What EA you use guys? and I would appreciate it if you tell how does it work?

I develop every EA’s which I use in trading. What do you mean by ask , how does it work?

I use actually 12 EAs simultaneously. How they work ? Different strategies, different indicators, different Timeframes, different pairs.

Well, what is their underlying strategy for placing trades?

12 EAs at the same time? Is that something normal? (don’t mind if that’s a silly question, I’m just new to this).

it is simple, when strategy meets signal condition like tema>heiken ashi then stop orders are place on certain level. If price didn’t activate orders, there are cancel.

there is not a problem to manage even 50 or 100 EA’s if you are well organize.

1 Like

Well, I aim to have at least 20-30 EAs running at the same time. I would call that normal. An EA with a “normal” profitable curve does not look like the EAs that are sometimes sold to people here. Those EAs with a very straight and smooth equity curve. They are fake. The equity curve of a “normal” EA looks exactly like it looks from a discretionary trader. With losses and gains, sometimes more sometimes less, but profitable in the overall result.
However, if I set many coordinated EAs with different strategies, timeframes and pairs, I can approach a smoother equity curve. Where one EA fails that day, the other EA takes a profit out of it. The drawdown decreases and you sleep better at night. :slight_smile: That’s why many EAs.

2 Likes

Oh OK! Thank you for the explanation.

A little differently… As professional software developer over many years, I felt there had to be a place for EAs in retail trading. However the ones I backtested all made money in ideal conditions (read ‘tuned’ for) and performed badly at other times with hugh drawdowns.

So I built an EA as my tester for different trading strategies. The EA has about 40 or so different indicator signals that can combine as rules for opening and closing buying and selling orders (without programming). I also built in a full risk management system as well. So now my EA, my trading assistant, trades my strategies for me on daily charts. I check a few times a week with a weekend review and weekly look ahead. This approach keeps my emotions under control and avoids any fiddling with trades.

I use EA that opens signals on EMA convergence (reversal trades) combined with RSI as additional confirmation that asset is oversold or overbought. I prefer to trade reversals because the biggest reward is that you can catch the beginning of a trend.

1 Like