What emotions do you experience in the hour or two before the markets open for the week?

Is it fear, nervousness, joy at being able to attack those charts? Or are you like a stone wall…blank and emotionless?
I have three trades carrying over the weekend, so I’m anxious as hell! You could probably say cautiously optimistic too.
Do pray tell.

3 Likes

I was flat over the weekend. But, going through my charts today I’m seeing some nice opportunities, so I’m excited. I’m generally excited for a new trading week.

2 Likes

Personality I never Carry trades .

I’m a day trader, and take It as a job. My job is to trade the London session, so at 9:00 GMT I start and by 16:00 I’m normally done… my trades Will be Closed at about that time.

So no emotions… just like a regular job…

3 Likes

I dont understand what you said there.

You said you Carry trades over the weekend. I don’t.

Friday before market Close all my trades are Closed.

oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

I detach myself from the outcome of every trade as I have no control over whether it wins or loses. The only control every trader has is risk exposure.

Emotional responses are always there, and I accept them and bypass them by closing down my desktop when I have opened my daily trades with a S/L and T/P in place. Note: my T/P is guaged to trigger BEFORE the trade reaches the next support and resistance zone, and the S/L is wide enough to cater for a retracement on route. For my trending strategy that is imperative.

As for both Daily and weekend open trades, First thing next trading day, I will close them. And begin again. Fortunately I’m an early bird living in the Asian session which opens at 04.01 Bangkok time.

best of luck with your trades.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m excited to keep trading. But I do often get nervous because I get confused reading the charts. It’s a bit of a roller coaster.

It’s not good. I’m with @steve369 it’s best to be ice cold.

When the market has opened, I simply wait for signals from my trading strategy. And until conditions arise for a good entry into the market, I do nothing. In Forex it is important to be able to wait. Only this can provide an almost perfect entry into the market with a minimal stop loss and many times larger take profit. Such entries are made mainly during the European and American trading sessions.

I feel a mix of excitement and fear, almost like anxiety, in the lead-up to the market opening for the week. It’s a blend of anticipation and apprehension about potential trading opportunities and the outcomes of existing positions.

even the most experienced trader always feel emotional when they invest a huge amount of money in forex.

When I am going to start my new week trading, I never feel any emotions but when I open a trade then I feel some emotions about what will happen with my trade.

I’d say I’m a mix of cautious optimism and nerves when I have trades open over the weekend.
But mostly I close all of my trades during weekends.