What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I tried… I really, really tried to see your post in light of your ignorance… but you clearly haven’t read the material I shared completely. I stated I came up like anyone else would… I do not pretend anything. I am what I am… and your misconceptions and assumptions really take away from the effectiveness or argument you pose. You clearly have an issue and if you have something you would like to share with us and [U]specifically[/U] I may add… what am I pretending about? Please do tell… :wink:

Am I cramping someone style or image here or another forum? lol If I am guilty of anything… I’m brutally honest… suck it up if that stings. :57:

I hope all the hilarity on this thread lately didn’t distract people from the awesome long OTE entries at London Open on e/u & g/u today.

I snagged a portion of it… it will be reviewed tonight in a live PTC session. Grab your seat at 7pm EST in Babypips chatroom… and for the haters… get there early so you can cloak yourself. :57: lol

All these guys coming on here and having a go at ICT, if you think you can do a better job than ICT I’d suggest start another thread and show us how you do it and how much you have been making from forex. Maybe you can make your information free to all as well?
But I doubt you’d be doing that because you havnt got the knowledge in the first place and you’ve probably got nothing better to do, so you come on here and waste everyones time. I’d suggest you go and find your fun somewhere else :wink:

carlybonner, I’m amazed at your hostility. Where does that come from?

I’ve read some of your posts, here on the Forum.

You appear to know a lot about the interbank scene, and how things work at that level —

— either that, or you’re completely full of bullsh!t. I haven’t been able to tell which it is.

But, why the hostility on this thread?

You seem to sneer at Michael, who obviously knows what he’s talking about.

In addition, you make snide comments about everyone else on this thread — kids, I think you call them — who are simply trying to learn from Michael.

What the hell is your problem?

There is a Poll on the first page what time we want the webinar ?

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/39514-ict-pro-traders-club-webinars.html

I know I’ve been lurking lately, can’t wait.

Took trade similar to yesterday’s webinar. OTE from 4h/1h swing zoomed in to 5min for a wonderful OTE at confluence of BRN 1.6; MR2, and a 61.8 fib for a short. It didn’t go to the bottom, BUT for that little risk it break a lot of obstacles, aka price targets.

PS blue rectangle is OTE zone from 1h.

Hey,

would be nice to see times and which pair, I saw this one so I could easily unterstand it :slight_smile: I was done with trading for the day (had a winner, so no more trades :)) and it wasn’t in Killzone as it occured :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are the trades I took today on Fiber.

The first one was a turtlesoup pattern in the direction of the longterm flow. Entered when it moved back into it’s box and set SL 5 pips above the recent high. When I was stopped out I could see the long trend forming and there was also an OTE before LO Killzone. I found another OTE for the long swing that was going to take off and entered in LO Killzone. In addition there was SMT divergence on 1min chart for bullish entry, which was also present on the first OTE.

There was very much confluence at 1.4200 level, so I decided to take the whole profit 10 pips before it, that were 65 pips for me. I didn’t scale out as I was very confident about this one. Confluence was: CPP, 00 figure, fibprojection, ADR High. Good possibility to reach them and to bounce there. As you can see it moved a bit down to trade up another 100 pips. But doesn’t matter, I made good profits! :slight_smile:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

It’s a good ol cable, I really did cut too much from the chart. You are right it is not a kill zone, a 30 min earlier to NYO, but it was in the 1h swing OTE range. Swing was more than decent so possible profit was there and long term direction was on trade’s side.

PS don’t forget to record PTC for those sleepy Europeans.

Hey guys,

I’ve been following this thread for quite some time now in the background, and feel that my involvement is long overdue. Upfront, I must echo the sentiment that so many others have voiced - Michael and other members of the BP community should be commended on the work they continue to put into this thread.

Trading history in a nutshell: I started looking into Forex trading late last year, but work and study commitments made it difficult to take it any further at the time. Early this year I deferred my second degree to concentrate purely on trading - it’s something I’ve been interested in for a long time. Since then I’ve been learning as much as I possibly can, while concentrating my efforts on the methods that Michael teaches. Unfortunately I don’t have the capacity to trade LO at all, which is a shame because I see a lot of good opportunities setup in that kill zone - all hindsight though of course. I’m restricted to NYO and LO, and am concentrating my efforts on NYO right now.

I have been moderately successful trading the NYO (and reasonably consistent), by using the move from London session as the primary directional bias. I’ve found that during NYO long-term trend direction (4hr, daily, etc.) isn’t as meaningful, but I do still look at all charts. I essentially wait for a retrace (ideally into the OTE zone, but I’ll trade at other fib levels if they line up) to a strong recent support/resistance level in the heart of NYO and trade in the direction of the daily trend. Still struggling with some consistency because I often find that the swings during this kill zone aren’t easy to predict. I have traded a demo account from the beginning, and will only move live after I can show medium-term consistency. I would be very interested in any further guidance from Michael on this kill zone, and like others can’t wait for the LC material.

I’m here for the long haul and will become as active as I can while juggling full-time work. I’ll share charts whenever a trade is taken.

• Chris

Hi Chris,

you won’t have to wait very long as this was covered today in the webinar and ICT is going to put it on youtube so everybody can review it :slight_smile:

Good Luck with your trades :slight_smile:

I think what Michael wants us to master is the concept of the “trend day” that is also a large range day. This is basically a large bull/bear daily candle where the price opens at the low (for a bull day) or at the high (for a bear day) and closes opposite to that, likely at a distance >150 pips. If you understand the power of compounding, you’ll know that capturing a 150pip move (or more) even ONCE per month can do amazing things in a compounding scheme. Michael calls this our “bread and butter” and I think he’s holding back on the scalping stuff because he knows how powerful this core concept is, and wants us to all master it first.

Sometimes LO gets access to the big range, and sometimes london session keeps price in a range til NY session, then the big range is completed. I think you could achieve great success by focusing on either LO or NYO. Best of luck to you and glad you have decided to get involved from this point on! Look forward to seeing your trades :slight_smile:

Hi Michael

In regards to a webinar, NYO scalping strategy sessions would be really cool. Due to the time difference that is the easiest time to trade for me!

Cheers

Hey everybody,

spotted a bearish divergence on 1h relative chart GU EU between 22:00 and 23:00 GMT (not quite sure with the timezone :P). Price traded down to LO and as I missed this divergence Entry with longer term OTE, I looked for an oppurtunity to short in LO. Found a very nice one, let’s how far this one will go!

Currently it’s trading up again, hopefully to another OTE :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: got stopped out but with no loss. Should stop to post my trades here :stuck_out_tongue:

greetings :smiley:

That’s interesting. I went long GU on demo and TP1 already taken at +30pips. I know it is counter daily trend, but there was support and other confluences at work. Let’s see what happens.

Got to shoot off to work again…

Was countertrading yesterday too as I saw the long swing forming before LO. But today it looked like a good down, but I had an eye on the important support on daily and took some profits on 100% of the swing anyway, moved to BE and so I didn’t take a loser today when it rocketed off of that support :slight_smile:

I will look what happens till NYO as it bounced of the trendline from the 15min. I think there’s a wedge forming today. I guess this is a Z-Day then?

Thanks Ali that really helped… lol I read your post after placing the trade.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo170/mcawally/gbpusd28611.gif

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo170/mcawally/gbpusd28611b.gif

Sorry the pics are a bit small I should have done the 5M chart instead of 15M.
Looking for a short today and picked the weaker Cable.
Waited for London to move back towards the Asia Range and drew fibs from asia high to europe low and placed 3 orders ( first 30pip tp, second 60 tp and move sl to BE, 3rd to run free ).
30 and 60 hit now at BE.

I couldn’t of done this before Micheal came along.

Wally
p.s I noticed ICT put his like on this post while I was editing and writing the lower part so the like was for the trade pics and not my comments about him. Just wanted to clear that up.

[B]Hey Babypipsters!
[/B]
I want to thank you all for coming out and joining us for last nights webinar on [U][I][B]Trading the New York Open in Forex[/B][/I][/U]. I trust you were pleased and enlightened by the presentation. For those of you that missed it, do not fret! It will be online later this afternoon and you can experience what those who attended witnessed and you get to even hear the sounds of youngest son contending for my attention! Come on folks… where else do you get this level of education!? :13:

Seriously, I hope you find it helpful and look for it online by Noon today EST.

As always… [B]GLGT[/B] :57:

Stay tuned… its going up in a few hours… a link post will appear on the first page of the thread as well. :57: