What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

For those that where at the webinar remember when ICT pointed out the bull flag on the daily and said the pole was about 400pips and look for it to go 400pips from the base of the flag, well it did it.

Damn, I gotta start paying attention to this guy I think he knows what he’s talking about. :smiley:

Wally

I listened, went long, but got stopped out at LO. Guess sometimes you have to stay up all night to catch the move… whatever happened to the killzones lol

So you caught this move ICT?

"whatever happened to the killzones " - It worked perfect … killed me dead… lol

I also tried getting long on the fiber in LO just before central pivot at support but got stopped out.

Wally

Actually with hindsight : If you draw the fibs from the intermediate term highs and lows on the 15m from the 19th- 20th there’s fib overlaps + PrevDay CPP + 50 level + mid mid pivot :33: might be a little arty.

Glad I’m not the only one who got stopped out twice yesterday!

Me too haha, only -5 pips though. Can’t complain about that.

Ever since I started using pivots, I’ve had this idea in the back of my head, where you just give it the ‘hail mary’ and simply Buy/Sell the daily CPP, as long as it’s in step with your higher timeframe bias. Like today…d’oh!

I just watched the New York open tactics video and I just can’t help pointing out that when Michael is talking about small range days and long range days at exactly 12:40 into the video for example he points at a small range day and… it’s the Sunday candle. Oddly enough those happen very predictably… every Sunday. :32:

Yeah I pointed this out just after it’s release BUT like I said then the theory holds up it’s just not quit as obvious as he was showing and I’ve been doing very nicely out of it ever since.

It was tricky and just a bit later than normal… but yes.

lol Mike the idea was to illustrate how the ranges on days, not specifically Sundays as I used to accomplish the distinction, can be viewed as a prelude to increased volatility. If you can eye ball the concept it is not something you need to keep detailed logs on actual range data. It would be nice if it occurred on a specific day every week though, :wink:

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

You see, this is the really psychologically challenging part to me. Missing out on trades that can make my month because I have to sleep early for 8am work. I keep at it though, quitters never win :wink:

Hey Guys,
It’s been a while since I’ve been in here, not much internet access in the outback of Australia… back in Civilization for a few days then in transit so it will be early August before I get to look in properly @ the thread, I’m miles behind now :33:

Anyway it’s good to see it’s all humming along & the live trade sessions sound great!
Can’t wait to get back to learning! :32:

Hi Clark,
ICT mentioned the video of last night’s chat will be posted in the thread as a link. Not as a usual PTC posting on the first page.

Cheers,
GLGT

Thanks FX280!!

Hey Clark,A BIG THANK YOU for all your efforts!!!

Eagerly waiting to catch up on the latest videos

Got to say i,m blown away with this great group of people here in the ITC online community

Yours humbly

Jeff

No problem. :slight_smile: I assume the emails I sent were okay?

Regards,
Clark

Keep an eye on the Financial Times website - knew there was gonna be some volatility today, but how to trade it…?? Might have to ask ICT on that one.

What a rollercoaster!

I tweeted last night we’d likely trade up the the PDH for retest and stops sniffing… then trade softer into NYO. We posted a OTE short in the “Twisted Sisters” Fiber & Cable I watched unfold but aside from that… it is Friday. Traders looking to book profits and square positions into the weekend would lend to selling. I anticipate the CPP will draw price for fair value. Hope that helps.

The live session will be posted in the thread as a nugget left for those reading through it. It will not be posted on the first page of the this thread because it was a relaxed more casual chat over charts and no structure just fast & loose. Nothing stellar… just good opportunity for an ICT rant.

:wink: Look for it online some time tonight.

Enjoy your weekend &

Hi, ICT. Thanks for the great trading course. I’ve really learned alot of new things. Hopefully, I’ll be participating more in the thread in the future.

Forgive me if this is bringing up old topics - I haven’t read the whole thread yet - but I was re-reading Market Wizards recently, and it seems your approach to trading is modeled on Paul Tudor Jones. Do you agree with that? A heavy emphasis on a good macro understanding of the market, combined with things like Elliot wave and fibonacci to find really good, very low risk trades that have the potential to catch a big move. Do you use Elliot wave in your trading? Do you think it’s worth learning?

Thanks again, couriermike.