What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Nice trades today!

Keeping the mood from last week’s webinar, Cable is showing yet another bullish flag pattern. It would be interesting to watch (trade) price breaking up to its next potential area of interest. Of course price can do whatever it wants, but that’s a nice possibility to be aware of.

All the best!

Hi, all. I have a noob question that relates to video 3 in the basic course about using the COT to measure sentiment.

When the net long/short positions are NOT at a multi-year extreme, do you want to be following the Commercials or the Large Speculators? It’s the large speculators, right? (The video at 1:54 says follow the commercial traders which was a little confusing.)

edit:
Right, it is large speculators ie non-commercial traders. ICT explains that in a later video.
As you were.

See you in the Babypips chat room if you can make it… not recording it sorry. :27:

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

Try and stop me :wink:

Figures my best friend’s flight would be landing at 7:30 lol

I’ll be there ICT. first time in the chat room!

Is somebody else able recording the tonights PTC?

Thanks!

I’ll be there.

On another note, a few days ago Michael talked about us getting involved in the thread, talking about things and bouncing ideas is really what gets you going and you start understanding how this stuff works. Well I went into the chatroom this morning and ran into hellogoodbye4201 and we talked a little and bounced some ideas and I must say it really helps.
Getting confirmation from someone looking at the same thing and using the same strategy is excellent and gives you better trust in the tools we are using.

Thanks for the chat hellogoodbye4201 this morning. I bagged 35 pips today so I’m quite happy as a newbie in the trade.

Cya guys tonight.

FX280, Clint, thanks for the responses… I’ve been taking this sort of thing to heart, because it can sure make a difference. Especially after the last video the whole point about simply ‘counting pips’ to ensure poor strategy decisions rings especially true; in fact I’ve cheated myself out of some great wins where in retrospect, the price would have very little likelihood of retracing as there were no fibo levels, support or resistance for miles.

Yet, last night I still struggled with it internally. It’s a bit of an epic battle. Sitting on one shoulder I have small expert trader angels whispering all the correct things ~ and on the other, a little money demon saying “That’s ten pips, just take it and run!”

It got so bad that I had to pull out the ‘big guns’ to hold resolve; poured a sizeable glass of Merlot and straightaway I fell asleep within 30 minutes. There, that stopped all meddling dead in its tracks! Naturally, I went on to a winning trade…

I’m going to print out Clint’s steps and tape it above one of the monitors here (I run three; leftmost is Oanda fxtrade practise, rightmost is mt4 showing the same thing + pivot points/sessions, daily/weekly highs lows, and the middle monitor is for all else).

Trading UK GDP tonight with a veeeeeeeeeeery tiny lot size, just to see if I can get a sense of what Forex Gump is describing with his most recent blog post about it. Won’t be trying any new ICT style trades during that time as I’m quite uncertain of trading the news.

BTW, very nice summary Clint, much appreciated!

Hey guys I just wanted to let you guys know the webinar will begin shortly within the next 10-20 minutes or so. It is almost 7:30 EDT.

Euro and Pound all up like video called for. This is incredible when you think about how many times these moves come on cue and the posibilities to profit! yea!

ICT. would u still consider 1.442 as OTE as u mentioned that last night or game plan have changed since then ? can you explane that with a chart please ? cheers for help.

edit: since cable hit that level on LO which u showed us (1.623)- im thinking that cable is more easier to trade :31:…

Hi all,

Another lurker loured out in the open by this fantastic thread. I would like to start with a very very big thank you to ITC and all other contributers!! The couple of video’s I have already watched where very accessible and made very good sense. It seems that as a very big FX noob I have struck gold!

My experience with FX is currently zero. Read quite a bit about it but never took on a demo account or put real money on the line. And then I stumbled across this great thread, got very enthusiastic about the video’s and wanted to say thank you to ICT and beging the learning curve.

As I said i’m very new to FX and to ICT’s method. I watched the first five video’s, digested the content for a few days and came up with the following plan to master FX through ICT’s method :slight_smile:

Step one: Open up a demo account. Do you guys have any tips?
Step two: Start experimenting with trading the daily highs and lows with +20 TP / -20 SL (as explained in the video’s) for two weeks.
Step three: In the meantime watch the first video’s again, summarize them for myself and read some more on the forums.
Step four: The next video’s.

Does this make any sense to you all or is there a way I can improve this plan?

Will try to post he summary of the first video on Thursday!

Cheers,
Alex

Hi Alex,
Want to say a warm welcome to you. This thread is very newbie friendly. I can tell from my own experience when I started few months back.

I like your plan of action and look froward to see your demo trades soon.

I am using Oanda MT4 because their demo never expires. In my opinion find a broker with MT4 to trade demo because there are several indicators you can down load from the first page of this thread and few inside the thread.

Cheers,
Good Luck and Good Trading:57:

One question Michael regarding your trading methods.
I’ve seen you talk about changing your lot size depending on the S/L you need to take.

So my question is:
What leverage do you usually use and do you change that as well when entering trades with different risks levels?

Thanks,
Dingalo

At last I did get into the webinar and it was sure worth it,for some reason I had to go on my lap top as my pc would not let me in. Anyway that aside am very very intrested in trying to get my daily bias right which has fooled me many times. The info which you are sharing at the moment helps with this premis which I thank you for.

Am sure you mentioned a riptide either in the webinar or chat room, I wonder if you were refering to the usd index or am I off track?

Hey Lehm.
I’m not sure what video your talking about but I hope this helps you.
1.4420 has finished as far as OTE on the daily charts is concerned.

The next levels to be watching.

Wally

Does anyone else agree that 1.62940 is a price to watch on the cable?

Nice head and shoulders maybe forming on cable and fiber?