What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Hey zneve is it against forum rules to post a lonk to a particular website? If not can you post the link that you mentioned about where you downloaded the videos.

Hi Dappa,

Those videos have not been released yet.

ICT links them once theyā€™re recorded.

All the best.

It is against the forum policy to share outside links, I wish I could share what I mentioned :-/, Iā€™m sorry.

Yes I can see it now. Thank you ICT.

Wow what a wild ride and the massive swings everywhere. Hope everyone was cautious if you entered the water.

Hi ICT and seniors,

Please advice, how to maintain these positions. I am attaching screen shot of my live a/c.
If I maintaion these 500+/month But need advise how to do that OR should I book profit.

carry.jpg - 4shared.com - photo sharing - download image

Whatā€™s the difference between the ā€˜MT4 ICT Pivot Macroā€™ and the ā€˜MT4 ICT Daily Pivot Macroā€™ in the first post of this thread? Iā€™m a bit unclear as to the one most are using when referring to the pivot points plotted on their charts in accordance with this thread. Thanks.

Frustrated. Textbook day on the Cable. Saw the big move happening right in front of my eyes as the OTE candle slammed right into the ADR high, and crashed down for 200+ pips. Passed because my SL would have been around 70 pips. Should have just leveraged down and halved my bet. Then a nice retrace during LC, but I was away.

The good news is that at least Iā€™m seeing these things as they happen in real time, and before the videos I wasnā€™t. Back on the horse tonight!

I think heā€™s close to putting up a tutorial on these, because Iā€™m a bit hazy too. The ā€œDaily Pivot Macroā€ and the ā€œICT_ADRā€ works well for me, and gives me the pivots and ADR range you see ICT use in his vidoes. The other, Iā€™d avoid until he shows us all how it works, unless youā€™re better at figuring things out than I am, which is likely. :wink:

I wouldnā€™t feel frustrated about that! Consider that you saw an almost good enough trade and stayed out. It means: that you know what you are doing, sticking to your trading strategy and not gambling.

I actually did take Mondayā€™s on a demo account, with the huge stop loss and half the normal account risk just like you mentioned (about half a percent in my case). But having done soā€¦ Iā€™m really wondering just what my strategy is, and what to do in the future. Itā€™s in that iffy area where I start to wonder about what Iā€™m doingā€¦ not a good sign. Iā€™d exchange rare but clear winners easily, rather than rapid, rather questionable trades. My hatā€™s off to you sir for your patience and strength of will. In fact the plan here is to follow that.

The other thing that I may have done right (to my credit) was to scale out of the trade much as was taught here earlier in the thread. Of course I left some pips behind, but the way I figure it was this: I had what I felt to be a fairly clear signal from the COT and Treas. reports, was confident about it Monday but as time goes onā€¦ how long and how strong are COT and Treasury week to week? As my confidence waned so did my exposure to the market. And I promised myself to be right out by the time Bernanke opened his mouth.

The only regret I might have, is that if Monday was a ā€˜topā€™ to a long, thousands of pips slide. But no way to know. Bernanke only mustered about a 100 pip salute on GBPUSD today so far; had I known it would be so little I perhaps should have stayed ā€˜inā€™ on the short. But better to be a sensible trader with a strategy, than a Gambler using hope as a strategy.

Hey guys,

hereā€™s something different: my NYC trade. Spotted an OTE on the 15min of the Cable but the SL of 40+ pips was too high for me, so letā€™s zoom in and find another OTE on the 1min chart right when the NYC Killzone started - 1900 - in those last days they come in very very punctual, just like a clockwerk hehe. Still a 30 pip swing, even on the 1min chart! Trailed my stop 10 pips below the recent high when price blew through it and took 89 pips right at 1.6299 - important level hehe :slight_smile: Made another 20 pips before going sidewards, but who cares after a 89 pip winner?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

greetings :slight_smile:

Good job, but market flow was determined to be short and you went long?

Yep, that was the other one I was referring to. Textbook, great play.

Sladha,

the LC is usually a counter trend scalp. FX got an unusual one for that many PIPs. Most LC trades are around 30-40 pips. The news that came out today on US interest rates really gave his trade some juice

Yeah, haha, I was happy with +50ā€¦ until I checked back on it an hour laterā€¦ =/

Anyone happen to notice what price had done at the level I covered the short on the Fiber? Refer to the PTC video for more on that if you canā€™t see it right away.

Iā€™m flat as I statedā€¦ but its pleasing to see even in turmoil and chaosā€¦ the tools still ferret out some stellar setupsā€¦ or atleast I think so.

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

I have Forex Candy for you all this weekendā€¦ stay tuned. Woooohooooo :35:

this should make you feel better Clark. I took the Fiber since price wasnā€™t dropping much, I thought it would have less resistance going up and got out after 25 pips. Still trying to shake my fear of getting burned so many times on the LC a couple months ago! Who knew I would end up leaving 150 pips on the table, but still happy with a nearly 1% win

Market Flow will be trumped by Support & Resistanceā€¦ I know this one can be trickyā€¦ but it will come with practice and chart timeā€¦ remember that P.a.t.i.e.n.c.e. word?

[B]GLGT[/B]

:wink: hang in there

Thank you for new video posting and good luck for the challenge!! I felt like it was movie trailer though :smiley: it was fun.

By the way, I got good trading entries making over 400 pips in total from the ā€œoptimal trading entryā€ :slight_smile: I appreciate for your posting, ICT! (there is not fib. in the pic but i certainly used)