What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Has anyone else gotten in on the action on GU tonight? Lots of movement!:smiley: Complete sarcasm in case anyone thought I was serious lol.

:wink: lol

thatā€™s the patent pending ICT alarm for those falling asleep in class.

Bearish gartley on the 4hr that should cover for the losses I took yesterday!

Haha, I saw something else but was thinking of going short as well should price reach a certain point :stuck_out_tongue:

For ICT, do you think a check list would be possible once all the material has been presented? That would make finding trades much easier I believe.

Not for the faint heartedā€¦ Lolā€¦

And I agree with hellogoodbye, a checklist would be very beneficial afterwards. I have been trying to make myself an ICT Checklist, but always afraid that Iā€™m missing somethingā€¦

Sorry! I donā€™t even follow this thread.

Thatā€™s what the Trade Journal link is going to be on the first postā€¦ I promised a complete nuts to bolts planā€¦ You will have a complete flight plan to go along with your ā€œTop Gunā€ training. :wink:

Hang in there weā€™re almost there. Remember we have to go through the boring stuff first. :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome! And I enjoy learning so I havnā€™t come across anything boring yet

Anyways, ICT I think your doing a great job putting something like this for new traders. I already learned the basics and more so I donā€™t need to be here. Good luck to all! Itā€™s a grueling journey to profitability!

Just watched the latest vidio BRILLIANT thankyou

great video ICT. just have one question regarding the picā€¦the second dip in open interest if you trace up seems to correspond to the dip in price rather than the rally that you point out in your video. Can you please clarify?

thank you

Mozdefā€¦ There are three periods where in the video the audio and visual dont line up as I intended. The second OI decline is respective of the most recent trading range we moved up from and I didnt illustrate it well enough to get your understanding as such. Sorry about thatā€¦ Also I misquoted closing price on Jun Contract ā€¦ Oops. :o

To answer it more directlyā€¦ the drop in OI at the time the price dropped a bit is not the indicationā€¦ the price decline is minor in the scheme of the consolidation price was inā€¦ you have the chart highlighting the precise pointā€¦ but it is the event of OI dropping that sets the stage for price rallying upā€¦ it can occur immediatelyā€¦ or wait for a session or two before making the move. It provides the conditions for traders to hunt the set upā€¦ hope that helps.

GLGT

Canā€™t fight the big boysā€¦ All the tools showed the way. :wink:

ICTā€¦You said in the video that key resistance trumps market flow when it comes in on the higher time frames. Yesterday we had what seemed like key resistance on the daily chart in the form of the down channel that has been playing out since the start of Nov. Iā€™m interested to know how this entered into your considerations while taking the trade?

Also, I can see quite easily how the first part of the COT is analyzed (i.e. market extremes and the WilliamsR) and how price reacted, but I am a little lost on Open Interest. If I take the OI from the Friday COT report, I can see that on Jan 12th this year, OI spiked up, and price declined by 900 pips over the following 6 weeks. Acceptable anaylsis? But I donā€™t think you were looking at the Friday report as you mentioned a dayā€™s lag, and looking at Monday futureā€™s reports. I presume your analysis is only for subscribers?

Best regards

thanksā€¦so would you say the 2nd drop in OI may correspond to the rally in price that occurred a week later?

Innercircle trader, what do you think of bats and butterflys?

despite the nuggets of gold?

Great stuff ICT, Iā€™m just managing to keep up. I shouldnā€™t watch your vids before bed they donā€™t help me sleep at all:)

Can someone point me towards a source for FX futures charts please?

Nearly wrote FX future charts, now that would be handy:)

When I refer to Open Interest I am strictly speaking of the Open Interest on the nearby futures contract of the currency. As in the case of the Cableā€¦ I would refer to this as the Open Interest on the March 2011 contract at the time of this post. Iā€™m not referring to COT OIā€¦ this wonā€™t accurately depict the insight Iā€™m highlighting in the material released last night.

My analysis is open to all who read this thread and my blog which is open to anyone. However, I will post concepts and approaches in my forum that are not geared for this threads trading approachā€¦ that doesnt mean itā€™s any less effectiveā€¦ itā€™s merely an organization attempt on my part.

Hope this answers you inquiry.

GLGT!

It would correspond to the action up to todayā€¦ as shorts were lessenedā€¦ the gate was opened and the dogs were let loose, so to speak.