What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

:slight_smile: youā€™re welcome

I was including this in the forthcoming videoā€¦ but basically I shy away from trading NonFarm Payrollā€¦ and critical Speechs. Otherwise, news is nothing to fear.

In a nutshell, you want to know the concesus or expectation on a report or number due outā€¦ then look for deviations from the expected releaseā€¦ if it is far off expectationā€¦ this can really give wings to the market and provide volatility.

Otherwise, the news could provide a rather mute responseā€¦ but there is nothing to fear.

It is stuck in the mud intermediate termā€¦ unless youre scalpingā€¦ the market is being rather fickle in here. Keep your powder dry as we havenā€™t set a stage for solid technicals to line up. Weā€™re still coming out of the Holiday rutā€¦ give it a few days and allow the big boys to push it out of the mud and provide us tech traders to work our magic. :cool:

Keep plugging awayā€¦ GLGT

COT data is kind of tricky to apply just because it takes time to kick in.

Thanks for the answers :slight_smile:

@ICT - Thanks for the inputs and sorry for preempting the topic for the next video :smiley: I look forward to the next mind-blowing installment!

I wonder if we took the same longā€¦

So, did you enter long at the .618 retracement of 1.55113-1.56019? I took profit just south (about 4 pips) of the 1.272 extension of the previous day (high to low)

Iā€™m shorting this pair around 1.57 thereā€™s a fib cluster(38&61) around that area.

Yep, that may well be a good short :p. I see exactly what you see lol

After looking at that more closely im short at about the same area with a target around 1.55597, I see lots of fibs around that area, +/- 10 pips

It should pause around that area and break 1.5343 to head lower but this will take time.

Interesting stuff yesterday, looking at the shorter time frame charts.

Rapid climb from 1.5545 to 1.5638 (1500 to 1645 GMT) peaked at bang on the 162% fib level of previous swing high to swing low (15m chart).

Went long at 50% fib level, currently at 50 pip profit. Protective S/L in place and like you guys, looking for retracement around the 1.57.

EDIT: out at 1.5680ā€¦ got a 38 fib level sitting there.

Fractals on 4hr chart showing clear upward momentum.

almostā€¦I went long at 1.5550 to 1.5600,just after your move as price was falling back down to essential pivot and the .618 retracement ā€¦should have let profits run though as the move ended just above R1 at 1.5639. Anybody else catch this full move?

editā€¦

there we go,theres 1.nicley spotted Dave
Was also on the 15 min chart,was a bit worried about a break through the essential pivot but looking back i saw the 1.5550 level had held very well throughout the day except for the Ā±30 pip break half way through the day where [B]hellogoodbye4201[/B] went long.

Yeah all I need to do now is learn how to repeat that consistently! :slight_smile: (ā€˜all I need to doā€™ said with more than a hint of irony!)

Seriously though, Iā€™m making plenty of losses too (on a demo account). Perhaps you can actually learn more from the losses though. I always analyse each one to try and work out what I did wrong. Usually, in my case, itā€™s seeing things in the charts that arenā€™t really there or just overtrading. Those two seem to be closely connected, as they both come from that newbie desire to be trading as much as possible.

Itā€™s really interesting and useful to see how others are using the tools that ICT is giving us to work out trading opportunities. Please keep posting. Also useful to know that others have been struggling to get a foothold on this pair over the last few days. It wasnā€™t just me then! :wink:

Ooh, itā€™s just tested 5680 again.

1.57 is a simple play for a good probability short. More often I find my profits are much larger when I go against the momentum which makes up for my small loses : )

Short @ 1.57095

And back in SA we would say, round about now ā€œyou deep in the KaKā€:confused: with price at 1.5760

Yea I took a hit on that one but re-entered @1.5765/1.5779 and short euro @ 1.31 I donā€™t worry about the losses only the winners : )

Tonights video review will bring many of the concepts together and introduce a few new ones. Cable really paid out handsomely today.

GLGT

Video posted on first post of this threadā€¦ itā€™s a long oneā€¦ give youtube time to process it and give you a crisp playback. I think you will be pleased with this installment :cool:

GLGT! :wink:

Definitely a lot to crasp in that video, gonna have to watch it a few more times lol.

Very good video ICT! Going to be watching that a couple more times.
I was using headphones, and at 27:00 mark, there was a loud click. Scared the s*** out of me. Haha, anyways, very insightful!

Clark.

Thanks for the warningā€¦ :slight_smile:

great new video!