What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

It’s a dandy isn’t it? lol :wink:

Seriously, with as much time as ICT spends, and as much patience he shows, Y’all ought to send him a gift, maybe a vacation with Mrs. ICT, or something.

The Ever Serious VIPER :cool:

I got the same entry but stopped out because I move my stop down a bit after +25pips, I usually move it 10 pips closer only after it goes 30pips and I take some off but today I got twitchy and if I had left it alone all the targets would have been hit, not happy with myself, when ever a trade doesn’t work these days I can always trace it back to the idiot who’s named Wally. :frowning:

On the up side both the cable and fiber look on track to complete an Intermediate Term Low on the daily which will complete a Long Term Low, I’ve been waiting and watching for this for awhile and will then change to bullish bias after it finishes. I love market structure.

Wally

Look at Fiber daily. This pair can’t make new highs to save its life! Every line is a successive lower high. This means that sellers from the LTH have had the opportunity to compound short-positions at extremely low risk.

What do I do with that? Well all I had to do (for my analysis) was to pull the fib that shorts are going to be watching like a hawk. Looks like that 50% retrace level got some attention recently… :wink:

Is there anyone who can fully explain the logic behind using SMT? As far as I can see, there are 16 permutations of highs and lows for each pair, any of which can be heading higher or lower. Of these 16, I think 4 can be eliminated since the directions of the highs and lows will match, but how do we interpret all of the remaining 12?

I can see contradictory conclusions in some of the combinations of highs and lows. For example:

Fibre higher lows, lower highs
Cable lower lows, higher highs

From what I have read in this thread, this indicates the Cable is about to go both up and down. You can see why this is confusing. I can give another example, I wonder if we would all draw the same conclusions from it?

Fibre lower lows, higher highs
Cable higher lows, lower highs

Try comparing the candles or bars at respective highs and lows between the Cable and the Fiber… and not use the line chart. This might be easier for you to see the divergent nature the SMT highlights. The SMT divergence alone is useless and will only result in you frustrating yourself looking for it when price is NOT at a key price level to reasonably anticipate it’s formation.

Put in a layman’s terms:

SMT will form bullish divergence at Pivots, Fibs, Old highs now support, previous week, month Highs and Lows etc… if you are in a Buy Condition, look for SMT to post a Bullish Divergence in London Open at lows between 5:00 - 9:00 GMT… as a example.

It will come if you practice hindsight examples repeatedly daily for a few weeks. This is not your common technical application… but grasp it and the vault combination is one more number deciphered!

[B]GLGT [/B]:57:

Michael,

Thanks for the response. I am sorry if I am not absorbing this immediately, but let me take the liberty of trying to paraphrase what I think you said.

If I suspect the Cable is about to rise, should I check to see that the [U]Fibre[/U]'s lows were going higher? Is that what you mean by a bullish divergence?

I take your point about practice making things clearer in the long run, I am just uncertain what it is that I should be practicing with SMT.

And since this is my first post to you, I should add that I am grateful for all the effort you have put into this thread and the patience you’ve shown.

Precisely :slight_smile:

Michael’s ICT Pivot Calculator

Can someone advise me how to determine the open price for Michael’s Pivot Calculator, is it the opening price for the new session, i.e the opening price on the hourly bar immediately after midnight in the new day?

Exactly. And for NY midnight to get pivots close to London open or London midnight for Asian pivots.

Wally

Thanks Wally, the reason I asked is that opening price for the new session is very close to the closing price of the previous 24 hour period - I thought I was calculating it incorrectly.

BTW the calculator is amazingly accurate in terms of the bias and pivot levels to watch for.

is the sunday teaching still this weekend?

Just wanted to say hello to ICT and all the traders following this forum. I’ve been lurking for a while, and I’ve managed to get through half of the videos and half the thread… it’s a beast.
The thread is awesome and ICT’s work here is simply spectacular… I’m very excited with the tools, and I can see how they can adapt to different styles of trading. Kudos!!
I’m going to start demo trading and working on a method that works for me personally. I feel the need to start trying things out, because the thread and info was saturating me without actually doing it.
Please bear with me and any basic questions I might post. I’m a newbie, but I look forward to getting a chance to interact with all of you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks ICT, The Biggest thing I learned from your front page video is money management.
The day I joinned the thread I am being benefited Although I don’t traded Cable and most of time trade AUD
But still thread is very helpful.
I cut my losses same day I follow your video and closed my lost position.
Still to learn how to keep profit running as I tend to close position with 20 pips most, my idea is to make 100$/day But still Thank god this month I made 400-500$/day But no greed 100$ is OK with me.

I will keep psoted my live a/c…thanks again

~
coolkaps

Sorry Zneve, the forum wasn’t working for me lately, and I just read this, will post charts up in a bit :slight_smile:

Regards,
Clark

Welcome to the brood… and feel free to post as you feel the need. I find that the greatest reward for my time spent… interaction.

Go slow and permit yourself time to grasp it… and this week should remind you how critical sitting on your hands can be. :wink:

[B]GLGT[/B] :57:

Thanks for the welcome ICT, and I will take your advice by taking it slow.

I noticed the daily chart was nuts for this week… up one day, down the next and just in a range.
I did manage to pick up 72 pips on my first 2 trades during the NY session using the few concepts that I’ve grasped so far.
Beginners Luck

I find trade management a very complex skill, and had to micro manage both trades due to my inexperience.
[B]Can you scale down a trade with MT4 by means of a pending order?[/B] I was afraid that my pending order would open a second trade in the opposite direction.

Cheers

It will depends on whether HEDGING is on or not with your MT4 provider and that depends on the company and/or country. If hedging isn’t allowed then then you can, if it is then you can’t.
You’ll just have to read up on your providers web site or just try a little expirement and open a 2 lot long and try a 1 lot pending short and see what happens.

Wally

[B]Hey Babypipsters[/B]! :wink:
I wanted to take a few minutes to ask you all a few questions. How do you feel about your current level of Forex understanding? Have you found any of your poor habits removed or controlled now? What constructive habits have you adopted since joining us here? Has greed and or fear been a barrier or stumbling block for you… Or even better, have these been overcome by reducing your trade leverage?

We have a considerable base group here and I would like to see what your “thinking” is at this stage. How has your psyche has been changed by the concepts shared here thus far…This is of great interest to me as a mentor.

Please indulge me and share what steps you have taken and what progress have you seen in your personal development?

[B]GLGT[/B] :57:

How do you feel about your current level of Forex understanding?

~ Well, it’s hard to compare ‘some’ to ‘none’ insofar as I’ve actually learned something here. And proven it out on demo.
Edited to add: I had no understanding before. So percentagewise, learning anything at all was a zillion percent increase.

Have you found any of your poor habits removed or controlled now?

~ “Removed” would be the word, with a tendency to overtrade being ‘controlled’ 90%. I’ll still put a ‘penny per pip’ on a hunch, but no more than that.

What constructive habits have you adopted since joining us here?

~ The big habit was asking myself if I had a solid basis for a trade based on tools and methods, and could I do better simply by waiting. It’s the difference between knowing what you are doing, and thinking you do. That’s been the big one.

Has greed and or fear been a barrier or stumbling block for you… Or even better, have these been overcome by reducing your trade leverage?

~ For me, not particularly… I’m in no hurry, and demo trading. If it takes me three years to learn, so be it. So greed and fear haven’t entered the picture. Maybe they will once I get to real money trading.

We have a considerable base group here and I would like to see what your “thinking” is at this stage. How has your psyche has been changed by the concepts shared here thus far…This is of great interest to me as a mentor.

~ I’m thinking that there’s actually a science behind this; for quite a while I was wondering if there was any actual edge to be had, without being a bank. There’s business, and then there’s gambling. Once I could see this was viable in business terms, it became worthy of tenacious study. Hence, here I am.

…In addition: thank you sir! I’ve greatly appreciated your commentary both here and on video.