What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Alright. This is my first post, because i constantly find myself not knowing which side to take :expressionless:

Iā€™m attaching few screen shots of EUR/GBP. Currently iā€™m long at 0,8607. GBP spiked me out, due to the news so i retook the trade. Iā€™ve manage to catch the 0,8545 rail up. But i was scared with that trade aswell. As long as iā€™m watching ICT videos, everything is clear and easy, when i start looking on my own, it sucks :confused: Anyway. What do you think of my long trade on 0,8607?
Its 5min, 1h and 1d charts. It does seem like bullish trade is shaping. You can see that 0,8545 was a great S/R.

Can anyone explain why my Manta MF indicator is saying 4h MF is down here? it seems obvious to me that the last fractal high has been penetratedā€¦is that last fractal high not really a fractal high for some reason? Thoughts?

Matty

The indicator doesnā€™t work sometimes. I stopped using it because of that

Matty, I have two suggestions:

1. Your 4-hour candles are out of phase with the 4-hour periods Manta is using in his indicator.
  2. You may need to refresh the data - perhaps there was an interruption to your connection and the chart is not updating.

I think I would put my money on the first suggestion.

Cheers, Pajo.

Edit: PS - Mantaā€™s indicator is giving me the correct reading for this pair, this time-frame, and this period.

This may well be the last piece of the ICT puzzle that needs to be clarified for me. It concerns the discussion of turtles and turtle soup.

Without being specific, I have to say that the discussion of this method or strategy in this thread has been very cryptic. So, please, if you feel up to giving a quick, clear summary, with minimal jargon, of what the turtle soup is and what you can do with it, Iā€™d certainly appreciate it.

Cheers, Pajo.

So if that was the case, how can I adjust either my candles or the indicator? My server is GMT +1 if that mattersā€¦

Thanks

Matty

EDIT: Also, would you say currently 4h MF is up?

Iā€™m sorry, Matty, as far as I know, the broker time is something that is fixed, and Mantaā€™s indicator does not seem to have any adjustment parameter to compensate for this. If you are only demo trading, using MT4 from a different broker might do the trick.

Not demo tradingā€¦using Alpari US. What broker are you using?

I use GFT, who use GMT.

Pajo,

The turtle soup is a pattern. I know that ICT talk a little bit about this pattern in a video. I canā€™t remember witch one.

Also, you can browse the net in order to find the book called ā€œStreet Smart by Laurence Conners and Linda Raschke.ā€

The chapter 4 & 5 explain the turtle soup & turtle soup plus one pattern.

Regards,

Ah, I see; I didnā€™t realise it was the standard form that was discussed. I thought it might be a personal variation. By sheer coincidence, I was looking at the amazon page of ā€˜Street Smartsā€™ today.

Many thanks.

Yes, most of the time on a trend reversal day - a hammer candle, because this hammer is forming in the LC - NYC session, reversing the whole way price has travelled through the day. And if I find such a nice setup, Iā€™ll take it.

Was expecting a bit more today, missed my entry by 5 pips on fiber, target of 80 pips at last recent high reached, then the trailed stop would have get triggered before LC - Tomorrow could be a good day again.

I found an old post of me with a turtle soup pattern - maybe it will help :slight_smile: 301 Moved Permanently

greetings

Fx, are you using the 4 hour chart to look for setups, then scaling down to a lower timeframe to look for an entry?

Guys, if you read all the posts, 6-7 months ago, I said, it was a quick script I wrote just for me to see something and make my life easier. It is not perfect. I said there is a bug, when you get large candle over two opposite fractals.
Ok. I promised to fix this bug, but actually never did it (Iā€™m very lazy and I dont see any reason to waste my time with old ideas ;))

Simply if you want to use this tool and you get large momentum candle just switch timeframe and check the proper readingā€¦

Im sure, after some period of using ICT techniques you will delete Manta Market Flow indi from your MT4 folder :wink:

Ofcourse Iā€™m watching the daily too, but yes, the 4h is ā€œOveralltrend chartā€, the direction Iā€™m trying to trade. Iā€™m looking for the swings to enter on 5m or 15m. My trades donā€™t last several days, LO - LC is normally the longest time Iā€™m in, so the 4h & 1h is a good choice for me :slight_smile:

greetings

EDIT: Anyone else shorting EU for Asiansession? Already in on that spike, 20 pips+ till now. 50 TP :slight_smile:

fxnumerouno,

Not sure how you entered the EU, because i donā€™t see an entry point. It looks like you entered before 6:00PM EST which isnā€™t the Asian KillZone and at that time of entry the Asian Session wasnā€™t even open yet. Can you explain a little more on why you entered.

I am new to this so maybe I am wrong. Either way i would like to know if I am seeing this correctly or if I am wrong.

Thanks

I showed up to my charts at 5:55 EST and am currently waiting for my entry to be triggered for a short, but I donā€™t know if it will get back up there again. That spike may have been the move up to trigger an entry but it just happened ā€œprematurely.ā€ Weā€™ll see if it gets back up there, I have a sell limit order at 1.3367ā€¦

Matty

fxnumerouno,
Thanks for adding that. I remember the post you link to, and it is clear enough on its own. It was hard trying to reconcile that with the other turtle soup talk in the thread, though, which seemed to be about something different.

I will read up on the original turtle method and its descendants.

Manta,
I donā€™t think it is a waste of time; itā€™s a very handy indicator and Iā€™ve never seen it in error. But thanks for confirming that it [I]can [/I]be wrong.

Cheers, Pajo.

On the subject of the London close technique(s): Does anyone believe that there is a preference in calculating pivots or ADRā€™s that make using the London close time 12PM EST preferable, rather than 5:00PM EST. If the logic of the LC is that it is counter trend based on traders closing out their daily positions, than it would seem that the best way to measure a daily range or pivot points would be to use 12 to 12.