What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I think the view count almost has to be a record. I haven’t really seen to many threads get that much attention.

I’ve been through all the ICT material more than once, but I am really not sure that the discussion of Z days ever really got recorded properly. I suspect that it took place during an ICT chatroom session.

So, if anyone would like to try to explain it, clearly and succinctly, I am all ears.

Many thanks, Pajo.

Hi Pajo

A z day is a day where price just meanders back and forth in a relatively small range that dosn’t come close to fulfiling the daily range.

Generally, these are the days that show as a small range day on the daily chart.

As soon as you realise that we are having a z day, if you are a swing trader, stop trading. They can be scalped it your careful.
Z days act as a powerful pre-curser, meaning you should expect a large range day the next day.

How to trade it

Train your eye to know when its forming.
Pull a fib from the high of the z day to the low and wherever the 50% retracement level resides, drop a horizontal line there and remove the fib.
Although its the 50% level always round it to the nearest whole number

This can be considered as fair value or price equilibrium.

The next day pull a fib from the high to the low and look for confluence of fibs and the level you drew in on the z day will act as either support or resistance.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

It certainly does! Perfectly clear and succinct :slight_smile:

Hi Longechoes

Well you made a profit :slight_smile:

S1 would have made a better entry and you would just about have been safe with a 30 pip stop loss.

Im guessing you know your fibs upside down, was that just to show your profit extensions? I see you drew it on after…

But hey, a profitable scalp, well done

I had a bit of a long bias on cable this morning during London Open since I noticed an OTE form on the higher time-frame Daily chart close to the whole number 1.5400. Although market flow was down, we were not too far away from a long term support around the 1.5350 mark. I got stopped out.

Entry: 1.54358
Stop: 1.54141

Daily OTE:

We were in the buy zone with regards to pivots and traders trinity, with the OTE on the 15minute chart having confluence with MS1 at London Open.

15-minute at Entry:

After my entry, price didn’t take long to blow through my stop after a very short-lived period to the upside:

15-minute after I got stopped out (yellow was my entry area):

So, what did I miss here? Is it because price tried to make a dash right to the long-term support? Should I have taken this into consideration and waited for my long bias, at the cost of losing out on a potential trade? Did I need more confluence than those stated above, taking into consideration the OTE on daily chart? Appreciate any pearls of wisdom.

For my part, and this is not very sophisticated analysis for which apologies: we have been in a concerted downtrend on a few timeframes. I have Support marked on my chart at 1.5330, so close but a little lower than you have yours. Looking at a few timeframes (I chose Daily, 240 and Hourly as they are just TF’s I like) we could currently be forming a double bottom at around that level, which could [I]then [/I]give a long bias.

But in terms of your trade this morning, although I didn’t take Cable this morning (I had my exposure tied up elsewhere) if anything I would have shorted off the Hourly off that doji at 7am (UK time). Probably Entry around 1.5440, Stop maybe 1.5475, TP around 1.5350? That’s a decent R:R and suits my style, so is probably how I would have played had I been looking at Cable this morning.

So I think you just pulled the trigger too early, before Price had reached the nearby Support, so I agree with your speculation in your latest post. Personally, given the proximity of the Support level (particularly as mine is 20 pips lower than yours) I would not have gone long at that moment, but waited for the test of Support before considering a long position. I would always rather be out of a trade wishing I were in, than in a trade wishing I were out.

As I say, I didn’t take the Short I outlined above, but it is what I would have done had I been in this Pair then. I am not sure which timezone you are in, but that is my analysis of Cable this morning for what it is worth.

ST

Took long AUD/USD on retest of key support 9400. Set TP at 9500. Chuffed to bits!

NYC for me on GBP/USD from S1 to CPP for 100 pips =) Over and out hehe. Just a short update :smiley:

This could be a very good trendreversal as trend took off in a late market with very huge movement in the OTE zone, hammering on daily. Let’s see.

Was this at NYO? What was your entry point based on (i.e. swing high/swing low)?

No, it was NewYorkClose, I have to admit that I didn’t expect such a huge move, but it just rocketed away and so I trailed my stop and shot for CPP. My entry was a bit off as I tabbed out just a second to write a message and then saw that my order didn’t get triggered(doesn’t work sometimes, dunno why) and entered manually. PA showed a large movement up through S1 and 62% fib lined up with it to go higher.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

greetings

Do you often take trades at NY close using ICT’s methods? Since it’s not one of the ‘kill zones’, I haven’t had much experience with it.

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can tell me where the “traders trinity” is discussed. I’ve been through about pg 137 on the thread and am up to 6-15-11 on the videos… Thanks!

Matty

It’s here, Matty: ICT Pro Trade Review: 08/14/11 Video []ICT Pro Traders Club .:: 08/14/11 ::. - YouTube

Just watched the Asia Session Video. Thanks Michael,I mostly lost attempting that session & stopped looking at it. Only now it seems clearer.

Hi Ali,
Good to hear your success story with LC strategy. what are the pairs you are trading during London Close?

Regards,

Thanks! Didn’t think it was such a recent addition to the ICT arsenal.

On another note, I’m still looking for EAs to help with my schedule. Does anyone know of an MT4 EA that can close trades out at predetermined times? I have time before work to look for NY Open setups, but if I don’t fill my trade I’d like to be able to close it out say…3 hrs later so that I don’t get stopped out. For example, this morning I had a sell limit at the 62% retracement but price only made it up to ~57% then dropped. Then price bounced back up and stopped me out. Does that make sense what I’m looking for and can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Matty

This will be my first trade post so I am hoping for some feed back.

I entered a trade in the Asian Session at 1.3260 OTE from most recent swing low to swing high. Looking for 1.3280 for first profit. Stop resting at 1.3230.

There wasn’t SMT divergance at the time but soon after it diverged.

I will try to write more for my next trade and see if I can get some pictures posted.

Did anyone else take this trade?

This is what I’m working on now. I really like the structure, it’s helped my psychology a lot. :44:

All major pairs, FX280. Cable and Fiber had the best success rate though. Sorry I can’t go into any more details right now, but it is back there in the thread. Good luck!