What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Awesome!! A couple more invaluable nuggets in there. :wink:

Wally

This thread has clocked well over [B]a third of a million views![/B] ā€” Actually, over 337,000 and counting.

Thatā€™s not quite a Babypips record. The record, it appears, is held by TMoneyBagsā€™ thread (over 400,000 views),
with Pete Faderā€™s excellent thread (over 373,000 views) running a close second.

But, both of those threads have been running [B]for more than twice as long as this thread.[/B]

I agree with Michaelā€™s decision to close this thread on New Yearā€™s Eve. Humongous threads become difficult to navigate. But, if he let it run, by about next June, he would hold the record for number of replies, and for number of views.

Kudos, Michael!

Way to go Michael!

Glad I caught the vid before bed. The second OTE never appeared in the LO but now that mid pivot is support the fiber has failed to make a lower low and an OTE appeared on the cable for a long that will should make an up day into london close. Who knows, might get to practice close technique tonight.

Iā€™ve been monitoring cable today and it looks as though weā€™re in a Z-day. As illustrated by the below charts, price hasnā€™t shown any significant movements. Rather, it seems to be oscillating around the central pivot.

It is interesting to note that when pulling a fib from the low of the day to the high of the day (we have currently just wrapped up the London session), the 50% level or midpoint lies right on top of the central pivot. As price seems to gravitate towards this level, itā€™s safe to say it marks an area of fair value or equilibrium. This price level, 1.5980, is also an institutional level (how about that!).

I have delineated this price level - 1.5980 - with a white horizontal line as can be seen below. I will be monitoring this price level in the day(s) ahead as it may be a solid price level to pull future swings from and use as a key pivot point.

I would also like to point out, for those who refuse to believe that technicals and fundamentals/news may coexist harmoniously ;), that despite the just released FOMC statement a couple hours ago, price keyed off of this important price area and is now slowly gravitating back towards it.

Although the trading day is not over yet, and anything is possible, the majority of the day has passed and we have wrapped up the London Session. It is comforting to know that the pearls of wisdom ICT has peppered throughout this thread are projected on the charts everyday. Again, these are just my observations of the day and any criticism will be met with open arms.

Chart 1: Fib plotted from daily low to daily high as of London Close time
[Click to enlarge]

Chart 2: Zoomed in, with horizontal line plotted indicating potential key price level of 1.5980, signifying midpoint of the dayā€™s range and central pivot point. This price level could be a key level in the day(s) ahead, so I will be monitoring it.
[Click to enlarge]

Sladha you have me thinking, and I am very new, but you are showing me how ppl see different things.

I have been looking short because of higher time frame information and because the 15min seems to have given three signals to be able to short haha crazy.

Hey fury, exactly what i was trying to trade today. Missed my trade by 1,5 Pips. :17:

Oh baby, tough in the streets.

How did you miss? going for exactly 79% retracement and didnt hit?

Honestly just trying to get a sense of everything. I do not feel like I can read fast enough even though i started a week ago. I could not imagine if ICT had just started this thread I would have been killing myself for every update lol but now I have been all over the place on videos and info because I read all of the up and coming stuff with the new stuff, I still dont understand why pivots need to be changed but even though i leave them at gmt it makes still looks like s&r to me.

If we proceed on a leg lower, yesterdays low seems like an interesting place for a stop raid idk? may get a bit of a bounce.

fury,
I, too, noticed this on the daily chart (especially on the fiber). However, it seems you have pulled your fibs from the same swing low to the same swing high on both the daily and 4-hr chart. This will, on any time frame, produce the same result since youā€™re using the exact same swing highs and lows.

When studying confluences of potential OTE setups on higher time-frames, employing the concept of fractals, as explained in one of the PTC videos, is rather helpful. A fractal is essentially a reduced size copy of a whole (not what we refer to as swing highs/swing lows in this thread). Applying this concept here, within a large OTE other OTEs may exist as you narrow down your time frame. You have produced this on your 15min. chart as youā€™re using different price levels than those used on the higher time frame to gauge OTE entry in line with the bigger picture.

If, for instance, you found an OTE appear on a daily chart, then zoomed down to a 4-hr chart and found an OTE within the first OTE, then zoomed down to a 1-hr chart and found another OTE within the second OTE, then zoomed down to a 15-min chart and found another OTE within the third OTE - using different price levels as you narrow your scope - it would provide a solid confluence of OTEā€™s in the form of fractals which I have found extremely helpful.

This is not to say you must have such fractals present as you examine market structure to find a convincing reason for entry (such setups donā€™t present themselves very often) but, at least in my findings, it does lend a great deal of support in confirming a trade with a lot less risk.

Check the 14:05 and 36:10 minute mark of ICT PTC 3/31/11: ICT Pro Traders Club .:: 03-31-11 ::. - YouTube

Yep, exactly. Have a look at my blog post. [I]Trade missed by 1,5 Pips | MeetPips.com[/I]
I dont change pivots either. Works fine for me so far.

Hey Fury,very nice,I shorted too but on Fiber
Sold at 1.3813,TP at 1.3749,risk 0.5% took 1%
Found there,Monday low,previous week low,R1
Unfortunately I took profit too early

Thank you sladha, but i should have added words to the 4hr illustration. I was showing the retracement in bot timeframes, but the 4h on the very end had already projected downward flow while the hourly had not.
I appreciate this community.

I feel as though some important stops just got hammered. It would be cool to see a trade upto an even larger .618 retracement and continue a leg lower.

How do I make it so u can click a link to see it in a larger clearer window? Figured it out!

View image: chart 3

Hey ICT, thanks for the new video! I love the format the Asian and London close videos are in, makes it so much easier to take notes when its written out infront of you =P

More on both of those Sessions in the London Open presentationā€¦ fasten your seatbeltsā€¦ itā€™s a heavy-hitter. :wink:

i really like the saying ā€˜anticipate, monitor, adjustā€™

i feel as though your teachings have highlighted these things, but your market blueprints are really synergizing the three, cant wait for the lastone

Got a feeling the London Open presentation has been left till last for a reason and it is going to bring everything together in a big way. Canā€™t wait !

Iā€™ve been wanting to post my last two trades to find out if I am ā€˜correctā€™ as far as analysis- then walla - here is my last trade - already posted :slight_smile: how cool. I hit my TP1 with 1/2 , then move to BE+ a few pips, I got stopped out on that spike: but satisfied.

Iā€™ve made two trades so far this week; 1 win, 1 draw. Iā€™d hit my weekly target the last three weeks, but am only half way there this week. The norā€™easter knocking out power really threw off my feeling of being in sync with the market. The homework from a couple weeks back, of identifying highs and lows by session has helped make the market flow much easier for me to see. At times it almost looks so obvious that Iā€™m having trouble trusting it and pulling the trigger. I must focus more on thinking like itā€™s a business, and less about feeling happiness about being rightā€¦