What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Since the pairs move in tandem, this is not the case. Although you can do it this way, and most times I do, there’s nothing wrong with taking the pair that doesn’t make the lower low. Take a look at the [B]15:30 minute mark[/B] of the following PTC for a great explanation on the SMT, as well as ICT explaining this very concept: ICT PTC 021611 - YouTube

Ah, see, that’s why you stay up all night, waiting for NY, took that EU long when it formed the OTE in the sell zone ALLLLL the way up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Watch the videos, coomy, everybody else did. If you don’t even have the willpower to do that, then honestly, I wouldn’t even bother.

Thanks…

Thanks a lot Slad…
You guys are really patient with the noobs.

Totally agree. I have not tried to use or understand SMT nearly enough, but that will change after today. Sincere thanks to everyone for being so helpful and patient. This thread and the members really add to the fun of trading currency.

So I just wanted to post my thoughts on the upcoming LO and my pending short on the Cable.

Reasoning:

We just reached the OTE on the 4h charts and I’m looking to see price retrade up to the 1.5750 level, which is a long-term S/R level. We are in the upper sell zone of the TT, pivot level sell zone, right near R2 from yesterday (1.5760). So we’re looking at an OTE within and OTE if price does in fact trade up to the 1.5750 institutional level. I’m hoping this is the beginning of the larger move down to fill Monday’s gap and test November’s low, and then possibly Octobers. I’m placing a pending sell limit at 1.5755 with S/L at 1.5785. If I was going to be awake during LO I’d probably wait for a tighter entry, but I gotta sleep, so I’m going with this.

Anyone else seeing the same setup or have any thoughts?

Matty

I’m open to both longs and shorts at this point, but it’s refreshing to know we both have the same 1.5750 S/R level marked on our charts. I think your analysis is very good, but don’t overlook the fact that price is currently hugging the 1.5690 S/R level (plot the 1.5690 level on your 1-hr chart and take a look) which seems to be providing decent support right now. I think I’ll wait to see where price goes to get some more clarity, but again, I really like the analysis you posted.

I like your guys analysis just hope to see a clear ote within LO, if not oh well not gonna chase here.

Late LO short on Cable using 1.5690 S/R level:

Entry: 1.5680
Stop: 1.5710

Let’s see how it pans out.

Edit: Looks like I’m stopped out.

I just took the same trade
Shorted cable at 1.5680
SL at 1.5720
Edit:stopped out at 1.5720

limit short @ 1.5740
SL - 1.5760

40 pip stop loss? I think that’s a bit high, but hopefully you have better luck than I did.

On a separate note, no more trading for me this week.

Today is the first day of ‘Christmas’ :slight_smile:

yes,I use 30 to 50 pips SL.
Two losses in a row ,no more trading for me this week,too.

Curious why you guys opted for a short here given that the H4 bias was bullish?

daily market flow is down.
trader’s trinity sell zone.
daily pivot sell zone.
confluence with support fractal (potential resistance) on 4H @ 1.5736 on Nov. 17th.
confluence with mr1.
confluence with yesterday’s r2.
confluence with institutional level 1.5740.

OTE shown on picture.

Obviously I haven’t been filled yet. If I don’t get filled I don’t care. I’ve been trying to stalk higher time frame setups.

Thanks for the breakdown of your analysis. Reason I asked the question is because I’ve seen a number of occasions ICT stress the importance of the H4 market flow.

Thanks again.

On the First Day of Christmas my true love gave to me…?

Hey guys been a while since i posted here but thought I might get some thoughts on this set up since ICT touched on it recently.

We’ve got a number of OTE’s within OTE’s.

ON the cable we can draw a fib from the on the 18/11 to the low of the 25/11.

We can see an OTE within that from yesterdays high to todays low.

Within that we can see another OTE forming on the 5 min chart at NYO.

Entry: 1.5729

Stop: 1.5754

Profit: 1.5680

Cheers

Gbl83

TRADE UPDATE: Stopped out by 1 pip only to see it go back down to my take profit area. Very annoying.

5/10 and 30 year yeilds are rising

While the 2year note is falling

Do we look for a bounce in the dollar when this happens or a fall?