What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I’m not sure, that’s just what I found on the website. I still don’t have a great understanding. Maybe someone who actually has made money with forex and paid taxes could enlighten us…ICT? Do you have any plans to discuss tax considerations?

nice trade Matty! I saw the divergence unfold, but it was too close to the news for my comfort. You did the right thing by scaling back on risk today. I will trade the LC on NFP since the markets have usually settled down by then and have done just fine, just scale back on the risk to 1% or less

ST Capital Gains are taxed like ordinary income. not a flat 35%. What your tax rate is, that would be your ST gain rate.

I see all our green lights are on saying we are staying up for Santa. Apparently it doesnt work that way; you have to go to sleep. Oh and don’t tell me he is gonna be expecting milk and cookies

Keep in mind that liquidity runs thin around/after LC on Fridays, so I’d recommend checking historical charts to see how price reacted around LC on NFP days. Just my 2 cents.

Is ICT risking 2% or less per trade and still managing those returns? If so, that’s just mind boggling. :o

Charts | Commodity Futures and Forex Trading Charts

and BTW:

only on demo,my second rule didn`t allow me to take it on real account.RR 1/3.3

Okay, what am I doing wrong?

I tried your link, and I can’t get the chart to include data from the past 2 months. The most recent price and COT data is from about the first week of September.

Here’s what I’m getting —

So, how do you bring this chart up to date?

I have tried this site also but am having the same issues. Also it looks like they have so many different options that my head just was spinning and couldn’t figure out what everything was for.

Did you push the button “get chart”?
This is what I see.When I put my mouse arrow on the chart ,they show me the last day data,the blue-white little box.

For commodity if you select British Pound - day session it only goes through Sep. If you select GBP/USD then it goes to Dec.

I use to make some changes here

and here

and here

For 1 year history, interval is set to daily
For 4 years history, interval is set to weekly

Yeah I thought we need the British Pound information and not the GBP/USD information…I know they should be about the same information, wouldn’t it throw you off that much if you changed it up?

So which one of you kidnapped Santa when he stopped by your house last night?..:17:

Thanks, guys, it’s all good now.

Not advice: but for taxes;
I started live 2.5 yrs ago - and simply told my taxman, I have an online business, I told him - trading in foriegn currencies - and he was confused.
He simply told me to bring in an account sheet - so Ihave for 2 years just turned in my yrly report that shows deposits withdrawls net gain or loss for the year.
Of course we’re talking 100’s of dollars - so I am pretty sure he prolly just throws the thing away???

If you have a tax man - let him figure it out! that is what I am doing. (IF this is wrong - I’d like to know,so I can fix it)

If you don’t have a tax man- sorry I don’t know.

That is the problem I am having, I asked my taxman about forex and how to do taxes on it and he just gave me that look like what are you freakin talkin about…I pretty much just said nevermind in frustration and left…lol

Look on the internet for someone who specializes in securities and investing related tax handling.

This is a very specialized field, and i’ve found if someone doesn’t specialize in it…they don’t know their tooshy from their face. And those that do… can give you solutions before you ask the questions.

Jay

Santa is buying a new modem … Tweet.

I think is the same chart(GBP-day session and GBP/USD).