What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Still working on your long term trading strategy hey Ali? When are you gonna spill the beans? :wink:

Haha! You were there for the major breakthroughs, and those are documented for everybody to see in the thread. I can’t remember the page numbers, but just before I went on holiday at the end of July, and then a real time example with the last October move up. It is everything ICT has put in his videos, plus the hard work of backtesting in order to have the confidence to act on the signals. It would be wrong of me to lay out a detailed COT strategy before I have made 30 successful trades myself! (Read: check back with me in 2016 ;))

Sounds like you’ve got yourself a nice trading system, way to go! I’ve done some work on that myself, we could talk about it sometime, let me know. It’s 4:00am here, off to bed!

Clark

Hi Matty
That was me, I asked you to post your trades, sorry if it caused you any pressure.
But it does serve to inspire us newbies on the thread, so thanks a lot.
All the best for next week, keep up the good work.

[video=youtube_share;chJ0XdRTGlg]YouTube

It will be a journey like no other
 :13:

even the journey to Neverland?

THanks for this! - unfortunately - no such phone exists for our family- but I have been checking charts via internet a few timies a day- and like you say - it builds the confidence, in the fact that I am right - so partial ea it is for now – but i’d LOVE to be able to manage a trade ‘while at work’ - just the fact of moving to BE -
Oh well - the partial ea will do that for me - has 2 times so far but still not sure how the thing is working :slight_smile:

Again thanks - this note helped me to realize my low confidence is due in part - I am not able to monitor and get out sooner or let run longer.

hey guys. Does anyone have the Kill Zone indicator? I think it was posted a while ago but I can’t find it.

So for all you guys that were able to catch the drop in the Cable on Friday

How did you get your entry?

Here’s my day from Friday:

At #1 I was looking for price to retrace up to the 1.5720-1.5725 level for an OTE retrace and short. Price never got up there to make an OTE, so I didn’t take the trade. I know there was an OTE on a higher time frame (which was part of the reason I was watching that level), but SL would’ve been way to big for my liking. I wished I woulda caught it, but as price moved down, I saw an OTE long entry at the 1.5650 institutional level, previous S/R, retest of asian highs, price now in pivot buy zone, and a chance to get in sync with the direction London was moving (#2). I went long right at 1.5650 and immediately got crushed. I waited for LC and saw another opportunity to get in sync with London’s direction and bought the LC OTE (#3) and held on til price moved up to 1.5650 level (#4). So I lost 30 pips on NY, gained 38 on LC. So not a ‘bad’ day per se, but I woulda loved to get in on the drop during NY. So how did you guys justify an entry point to catch that move down? Thanks.

Matty

I think the reality is that the 5min OTE entries are for getting in with the tightest possible risk. The downside to that is that you will sometimes filter out good moves that didn’t offer up a lower TF OTE. I think this is just one of those cases where the reaction was too fast and furious to offer up anything in the way of a 5min retrace to OTE.

I think there should be an alternate stop placement rule for Hourly OTEs personally. Most Hourly OTEs will react RIGHT at the 79% level. I’ve been wondering lately if a stop 10pips above the [B]90%[/B] retrace level would be a suitable alternate stop placement. I think that would get your stop <30 in most cases, and <40 in nearly all cases.

Just my thoughts
ICT’s got the Definitive answer on this one!

Can anyone save me some time and point me to which video goes over the relationship with these different indexes? Thanks.

Matty

If you use Metatrader, have you ever try to copy your Metatrader folder into a memory stick? It’s amazing but you can use it from ANY PC with Internet access. So this is another way to do what AK said about check once per hour and you don’t need the phone, and this portable version made by you functions just like the standard one installed in your PC.

Best regards

[I]“Me quedarĂ©, me quedarĂ©, [B]siempre cubano[/B] me quedarĂ©â€Šâ€[/I]

It’s in the “Higher Time Frame Analysis Part 2” webinar. Around 1 hour 20 min

they say, when u become a trader u get to know yourself // personality-wise//

case in point, u DO plan and wait, like the sniper u r
u planned it darn well :slight_smile:

Thanks again - I did download the platform at work - awhile back - and the place I work - somehow blocks the feed to it - - I believe the block anything with a ‘live’ connection to something else. So not sure this would work for me - thanks for the thought

I recently watched ICT’s latest FEB 2012 Trailer, and was intrigued by the term “Apex Predator”.

So I did a google image search and am happy to share with you guys the definitive image of an Apex Predator:

Great. Thanks Dan.

Pretty sure he needs some scuba gear. Also ICT, February!!!

I scrolled down and nearly busted a gut
 Tea sprayed from nose and still
 I’m giggling while typing this post
 lol that’s funny right there! :35:

Hey guys,

nice short you caught on Friday, but wanted to share what I saw and traded in LO (another day at home hehe). It might remember you at ICT’s Buy Setup :slight_smile:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My AUDUSD position of Thursday was closed as I trailed my SL to 1.0110, because it normally moves in sync like GPDUSD/EURUSD, so I decided to put stop 10 pips above the last swing low which was 1.0100, so I gave it another 10 pips to be above inst. level. 210 pips for the last portion + another full 30 pips because of the reentry at 1.0130 at the retest of the range.

The next thing I’m watching is the Seek & Destroy setup on Fiber :slight_smile: But I think I won’t be able to trade it as I have to work again on Monday :confused:

greetings