What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I have like 4 of the videos on the first page say they are formatting and cant view is any one else having this issue

There is no issue really. The videos arenā€™t up yet.

Iā€™ve uploaded this on MT4 but Everytime I open MT4 it crashes. I deleted the indicator and MT4 works fine now.Has anyone been having the same problem with this indicator? Not sure what the issue is but I think it would be handy to have this one working?

It was all by your making sir, THANKS a million times 4 all the insights especially
4 those great videos theyā€™ve been very illuminating Thanks again.:35:.

Ive got the same problem on the Forex.com mt4 platform,but I see its working on Forex Ltd and Oanda!

I use it on my Active Trades MT4 demo account and have no issues so far.

Hey guys. Did anyone catch the LO trade? I was looking for the banks to raid any stops under the PDL that might have went long above 3300. I had a buy limit at 3282, went to bed and woke up to see it had missed my order by the cost of the spreadā€¦:34: Also noticed a small OTE on the 5min charts. Wish i would have stayed awake now lol

Anyone else see that on the front page yet?? I was going to ask ICT when he closed up shop for the yearā€¦ guess my question has been answered!

Been there for awhile but it makes the gains, which are impressive, seem modest lol. He traded that 2500 for a quarter of the year only hah.

Someone asked me to post updates for my monthly trading, so Iā€™m posting my balance/gains/etc from the last 4 weeks. And I have to say that my mindset was a bit different this week knowing that I was planning on posting my results. I think I had a different mentality that helped me be a bit more disciplined in my trading. So I think I might try to make it a habit to post at the end of each week to give myself a bit of accountability. I know it doesnā€™t really benefit others in the thread, and if people have an issue with it, I wont, but if its cool with everyone, Iā€™ll be doing this every friday afternoon. And hey, maybe if I do well over the course of 2012 it might motivate some newcomers.

Anyways, with that, hereā€™s my results for the weekā€¦

Have a great weekend everyone.

Matty

Matty I have been asking for this for over a yearā€¦ please continue. It builds far more discipline than not being open with your resultsā€¦ and sets you light years ahead of the learning curve.

Kudos! :57:

I agree with ICT it may not help others be successful but holding yourself accountable will work wonders for you and thats all that matters. Also if I am not mistaken the point of this thread. Not only that but it shows others that it can happen. Now those are some pretty big gains but good for you I am happy for you. Keep it up

I think itā€™s great. I assure you, nobody will mind. Traders (especially new ones) love to see how their fellow ā€œcombatantsā€ are doingā€¦ I know I do. Especially when itā€™s in a nice straight-forward presentation like youā€™ve done up on this excel spreadsheet. I did something very similar Mar-May this year, and it helped me so much with my discipline! I know that feeling of accountability you describeā€¦

I stopped because I started taking trades that I didnā€™t feel were ā€œICT methodologyā€ and I thought it was deceiving to post those results on this thread. Just to be clear the results were TERRIBLE and I didnā€™t want my poor discipline to reflect on ICTā€™s methods.

Remembering the effectiveness of that process, Iā€™ll be posting my [B]monthly[/B] performance, instead of weekly. This is a 40 month+ project for me, and I want to have that ā€œmacro-viewā€ of the account building process.

All in all, it will be very nice to know someone else is out thereā€¦ posting up their results too! Keep it up :slight_smile:

Youā€™re the man.

Okay guys, thanks for the responses. Iā€™ll continue to post on a weekly basisā€¦hopefully with similar continued results : )

Matty

Baby Pips (Tonight) by R.S. www.adultcontemporaryhiphop.com - YouTube

Thought everyone that likes babypips might enjoy this video while we wait for new videos to come out from ICTā€¦

Enjoy

Iā€™m not sure about your job, and the downtime you get there, but even if you can check your trades once per hour ā€“ it will give you so much more confidence in [B]placing[/B] the trade. I know how it feels to see great setups at NYO but realize you wonā€™t be able to manage the trade while at workā€¦

It was even affecting my LO tradesā€¦ the ones you are supposed to hold for the full dayā€™s range. I would sometimes be in a great tradeā€¦ with no way of managing it while at work. Iā€™d want to wait for London Close to get the full move, but Iā€™d have to resort to ā€œguess ordersā€ or simply closing the trade at NYO.

It erodes confidence, thatā€™s the real damage IMO.

So like someone previous saidā€¦ if you can possibly, at all, work with a smart phone for a few minutes per hour, I think you will be amazed at the boost in confidence you get!

And if you are just talking about moving stops to BEā€¦ that can be done in 10 seconds on the phoneā€¦ the technology is quite impressive (Iā€™m using Oandaā€™s FXtrade app, FYI).

The charting isnā€™t very good on Oandaā€™s app, but I found charts by ā€œNetdaniaā€ that are quite good (and free! :slight_smile: )
I still wouldnā€™t recommend entering trades on the phone, and if at all possible, have a good idea what you want to do with your trades beforehand, so you arenā€™t getting too involved with your phone while workingā€¦ wouldnā€™t want you to lose your job! We technically arenā€™t allowed to use our phones while on the floor, but thereā€™s some pretty lax supervision and lot of space to hide in haha (the one benefit of working in a warehouse!)

If none of this is possible for youā€¦ yeah that partial close EA might be your only shot :frowning:

Can somebody help me out - I am looking for details of the summer COT usd/chf trade that ICT took and I canā€™t find it anywhere in the thread. There was mention of a 1000 pip haul after a drop in OI, and I think the following chart illustrates the time period, but I would like to know more about the exact entry. If anyone can help, or even if ICT has the time, it would be much appreciated.

Regards
Ali

Ali page 297, titled ā€œcarbon copy postā€. The details were discussed in a webinar, I was not at that one but I always assumed the entry was the OTE that formed during the consolidation.

Thanks, Shaun. You are absolutely right - I made a mistake when taking the OI reading off the charts. I thought the drop came JULY 13-16, but it was JUNE 13-16.