What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Exactly what I was thinking Matt!

Looking for lower to enter, R1 around 1.5588, 61.8% around 1.5582, and resistance on the 4 hour chart. Euro making new lows whilst GBP isn’t.

However, still got market flow as down on daily and 4 hour!

Hi Matty

i was looking at the same thing, but on a h1 chart. Looks like you have a 30 minute chart?
Its a bit small, I cant really see.
Anyway, I have a question.
Would we still have to look for market flow to be up tomorrow in order to get those longs we are hoping for?
Today it was down on the daily, the 4 hour and the 1 hour at the time it was slamming down.
I doubt we’ll get such a strong turn around so soon, but maybe it will play out that way by the end of the
week?

I see me some bullish divergence there. On my charts, I also plot the 30 year. The 30 year looks like the 10 year not making lower lows like the 2 year.

Bullish divergence on yields…if yields go up…bond prices go down. bond prices down means risk on. Means high Fiber and Cable.

I’m thinking a stop run at the upper end of the range is coming.

Yup, that, and SMT bullish divergence on Cable/Fiber.

And…

LOL. So much for that divergence:

Now that GBP/USD has spiked up on the 5 min chart, I will enter if it retraces back to the OTE. Therefore the risk will be alot better as I will put stops 10pips below current NY Session low of 1.5596. Would be nice for entry to come within the London close aswell.

Chart attached.

I have problems with these videos to.

@ ICT: Is it possible to upload them in a different format?
I would love to watch them because it seems that they could help me with a better understanding of the work with higher TFs which is one of my biggest deficits i think.

I’ve another question regarding the videos on the 1st post. Does anyone know if the London Open Tactic video is released already? It says “view video” but there is no link and i couldn’t find it on youtube.

Thanx for your help

Fiber breaking below the November low as I type this which was an established LTL on market structure. GU is over 200 pips higher than the November Low. The divergence is showing up on the daily chart as well.

Wonder how to trade this. From a swing/position trade perspective. market flow is bearish. market structure is definately bearish (not ITH ot LTH has been broken in a while). But we have strong bullish divergences.

Given the Fiber is at a LTL, and the daily R2 level…would expect a bounce up. Should find some support here on the FIber to provide at least a scalp for a counter trend trade.

But definately feeling confused on which way the market is telling us it wants to go. Right now…I’m thinking stop raid on the Euro, and then run higher. GU may go on a stop raid too.

That…and on a fundamental side…It seems the ECB and Euro powers want to keep the Euro above the low 1.3 level. We have a fed announcement on Wed for the US…If the ECB doesn’t do something…I could see the Fed stepping in to devalue the dollar…the US doesn’t want a strengthening dollar either.

London Open video is coming.

In at 1.56075, stop 25 pips away. However will monitor if it drops below 1.5596 and may close out earlier to avoid full 25 pips loss.

Thanx :57:

Uh oh I hope I’m not getting this confused, if bond yields are in bullish divergence, then USD would follow , meaning lower fiber and cable charts …or do I have it mixed up:33:

And we are out, I had a feeling EUR/USD breaking lower whould end the trade for today!

-25 pips.

I was watching this area to but my thoughts went in the opposite direction:

I saw that spike @ 1.5656 which is the daily high today and then the move down to 1.5596 near S1. I was waiting for a retracement back to around 1.5640 for an OTE and then go short. Because of the overall bearish environment on the cable i was looking for a shorting opportunity.
But price didn’t retrace to my OTE so my order didn’t get triggered and i canceled it.
Seems my idea was not too bad…:wink:

I QUIT

I quit - I quit looking for entries; and then figure out if it’s a good location.

I will find a good location; then WAIT for and entry to appear.

is this how most of you do it? Cause I can find tons of entries in different time frames and different places - but most should not be taken - right?

Good question, but how do you know if a location is a good one or not? I think the problem remains the same…you can find a lot of good locations if you use a fib on different TFs or from different highs and lows or you could calculate weekly pivots and monthly pivots and you can find S+R levels everywhere in the past that might be important now to…
I think if you find an entry and it unfolds at a level where different factors meet (like fib, S+R, pivots…), then it should be a good location…now you have to find out which way to go, short or long…which can be very difficult to (well, for me it is :wink: ) because i often find bearish AND bullish signs, so which is the right way?

Any suggestions?

Ancient methods call for ancient tools :slight_smile:

By no means am I an expert on this…but here’s a chart of the 30 year yield. Note how the low is established in early October prior to the run up…just like EU did.

EU and GU seem to be highly correlated with the direction of the yield.

If yields are rising…EU seems to follow.

I took a 3% hit buying fiber LO today. Thought there was some good support there but I got toasted! Hope u all fared better

I’ll one up ya : )

Got hit for 3% as well on LO, and stupidly took two more trades right away (on cable and fiber) and lost 4% more. TERRIBLE day for me discipline-wise. First big hit to my account in the last 5 weeks since I started with a real account. Hopefully I can maintain disciplined trading tomorrow. Thinking of sitting out for the week even. sigh Rough day…but I knew I would have rough days. Gotta make it about how I respond to a bad day, and not focus on the losses.

Matty