What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Also took a loss at LO. Went long the cable only to get stop raided at 4:15 EST. Then i got to watch price move up 100+ pips from my stop. Only a 1.5% loss but still hurts. No more trading today.

I took a loss today on LO.
Entered long on Fiber at 1.3301,S1,kill zone,OTE,buy zone…stopped out at 1.3270,lost 0.6% account.I know MF was down…but what about Cable?
I keep my rule: one single loss per day,maximum two losses in a row per week!
Any comments ,thoughts please…

Wow, I would like to hear ICT’s take on today’s price action. Like seriously, it was literally all one direction all day long! And all the support levels broke faster than you could click the buy button :confused: Why were there like zero buy orders? I don’t understand :confused:

hi pipa,if u dont mind asking,after yr entry u were supposed 2 b +20 pips at some point,right?
particularly i was in the same trade,same entry,closed some at first R 15 pips,the rest break even…
are we talking about the same thing? //u can c, i posted pic in that time //
peace
edit,i c ,u probably entered on the second retest

Yes,you are absolutely right! I was at +23 pips at some point but I use to take my first reward at +30 pips minimum :slight_smile:
I set SL at 30-40 pips also.I`ve got too many BEs so I will not move SL to BE too early!
A loss is a part of my strategy…

I think they call that the Kansas city shuffle haha

Little late to the party, been working nights for the weekend.

1. Cable has strong support at 1.5550 to 1.5580 and resistance at 1.5720. Last retest of 1.5550 had a strong bullish engulfing candle on the 4 hour. Possible OTE around the 1.5770 level and in the TT buy area.
  2. I will only trade at the above mentioned price levels, zoomed down to a smaller time frame OTE, and only during LO, NYO, and LC, risking max 2% of my account.
  3. I would look for a price bounce back up to the 1.5700 level, or price to slam down through support and break lower, invalidating my trade idea.
  4. I aim to drop a nice 5km run down by the lake

I didn’t trade fiber at LO, but I can see the many confluences on the lower time frame charts justifying a long entry. However, it seems as though there’s a high interest in gunning for the quarterly low (i.e. October). Flows may shift once the low is challenged, but who knows what price decides to do.

there was a buy order. Unfortunately the capital I trade with wasn’t enough to move the market. Luckily, once again, I was able to hang on until the Asian session. I’m not liking these LC trades going to the Asian session lately.

My take on the action today is that the eurozone deal doesn’t mean anything, they are still in bad shape, and they are a long way ways from an actual agreement. GB not joining them in the race to the bottom is keeping the pound from the same low levels, and a positive for the pound, hence the divergence. The US announcing another possible round of easing is an attempt at weakening the dollar. I believe they are putting the rumor out there just to see if it will weaken the dollar for now, and cranking up the printing presses as a last resort.

i d say too that their correlation might b poised 2 b out of whack 2 a degree…
on a side note : COT is the highest on longs over the last 10 yr on EU clearly diverging from GBP… but with these major galactic turmoil going on, i think things could b surprising as ever…shall we c what we’ll c

I give no credence to astrology, horoscopes, fortune cookies, tea leaves, or sheep entrails. But, sometimes I find it amusing to read horoscopes, and fortune cookies (as long as I don’t let them affect my life).

Occasionally, however, the people who write those things [I]accidentally[/I] write something profound. Consider this advice from a horoscope which I read recently —

“You might be able to bring a lot of money in,
if you follow the advice of a person who’s already got it made.
Don’t get overly confident. You may not know everything yet.”

That gem immediately made me think of the hundreds of people on this thread who are profiting from the advice of Michael Huddleston. We are priveleged — blessed might be the more accurate word — to have Michael here, sharing his knowlege, his experience, and his talent with us. There are many other forex forums where he might have set up shop, but he chose this one. And we are the richer for it — richer in both senses of the word.

So, which zodiac sign was that bit of horoscope wisdom written for?

It could have been written for any one of us. If it appeals to you, take it for your own.

Erased the majority of yesterday’s 3% loss (partial profits alone) on a suprisingly snappy LO Fiber Short (from 3198). Stop was at 3215, now at BE+1

Profits taken at +30PIPS (67% of position)

[B]33% Still Open, Targeting 3152 and 3140. [/B]

Reasons for trade were almost stupid simple.
Daily flows/4H flows in Sync for Shorts.
OTE at 3200 figure.
I ignored pivots for this trade.

I got in a few pips early to account for spread, and 3215 STOP was 10+ above the swing high. Asian range stop hunted, but luckily my 10 pip buffer covered that, phew!

Time for Sleep!

edit:
okay stopped out, sleep time for real!

Well I can’t say that I am profiting just yet, but I do feel like I am on a path. I can see that where I am coming from is somewhere I don’t want to go again, and that where I am going is somewhere I want to stay forever.

Having that insight at age 24, I do feel very lucky :slight_smile:

very lucky, i wish it happened 2 me at that age //know about fx//
cheers

Nice trade AK! Got in at the smaller OTE formed myself! Currently +20 and waiting to close 30% out at +30 and then move my SL to BE+2.

Edit: 5 seconds after submitting the post, Cable spiked down, 30% out at +31, SL set to BE+2. Currently up 40 pips on the remainder.
Clark

sweet sweet, I always try to remember ICT’s mantra “make money even when you’re wrong” :smiley:

My order just got triggered, short on the cable.
My reasons:

• MF bearish on M15, H1, H4, D1
  • drew fib from the high @ 1.5613 to the low @ 1.5566 for an OTE @ 1.5603 which is near the 1.5600
  • above the CPP = sell zone
  • short term S+R @ 1.5610 and the 38% fib (drawn from yesterdays L @ 1.5537 to H @ 1.5656) at the same level, only 8 pips from my OTE
  • SMT divergence in M5

Entry @ 1.5602
SL @ 1.5632 = 30 pips (just in case they want to catch todays high :wink: )
TP 1. @ 1.5572 = 30 pips
2. @ 1.5550 = 52 pips
3. @ 1.5530 = 72 pips

What do you think?

Got the same order. :slight_smile:

Wow I took the exact same LO trade. Short at 3198 and 50% TP at +30pips. The rest was set to BE with a take profit of 3150. Stopped out at break even on the rest. It feels really good to see all of us hunting for the same trades. ICT is a good teacher :slight_smile:

Nice, I had a pending order for a Cable short at NYO @ 1.5606 (12:35 GMT candle) but order was missed by .4 pips. .4 pips!

I got in again after the NYO killzone getting my fill just under 1.5600. Ridin’ the lighting :slight_smile:

edit: Manually closed full position (tp2) at 1.55541 b/c of extremely low risk %. I decided on this level b/c it was the 127% fib extension. I do think this has the potential to fall lower though, although it’s currently retracing back up a bit. Good luck to anyone else in the trade.