What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

Street money had stops orders on both sides providing liquidity for market makers.

ALso a pocket of stops above the swing high on the 1800 gmt timeframe.

Hard to imagine street money being long with a stop below yesterday’s low. street money would have been selling. But there could have been stops for longs below the asian range thinking we had a bull flag.

What!? … and no cookies and milk?

:5:… Christmas my friend… Christmas.

Not necessarily…I’m fine waiting until after new years to see the xmas presents. traveling out of town and won’t have the greatest net access for xmas. Then it’s family time on the last few days off work before heading back at the new year. Pretty much accepted that I’ll be opening forexmas gifts around the 12th day of christmas when the three kings arrived with the gold, frankencinse and murrh

More just wondering if you were indicating that today’s action was gearing for a market reversal of trend. or discussing this as a buy day bounce that formed at LO but may continue lower.

Voila!

What I like to do on days like today is pull a fib from the high or low of the day. Pulling a fib from the middle of the range is too risky for me (I learned this the hard way). The way you pulled your fib, the 79% retracement was right at fair value. If you pulled it from the low of the day, the OTE was below fair value, in the buy zone. To me this is a much less risky trade.

Hi everyone,

I decided it’s about time I got involved in the thread. I’m making my second pass at all the videos on the first page and trying to catch up so I can start with the ForeXmas ones! I haven’t yet done any live trading and I’m hoping to start some time in the next couple of months with a small amount of money, and will hopefully contribute more to the thread when that time comes.

ICT, I hope you don’t get bored of hearing it, I just want to say a big thank you and I can’t wait to see how all this stuff I’ve learned unfolds once I start trading. But I already have a very good feeling about it!

@Lazydogs: I’ve been using the FXCM Marketscope 2.0 platform for my demo account and I have an indicator for custom pivots so you can put your NY and London ones up (I think that’s what you were looking for). BP won’t let me post a link because it’s my first post, so if you google “fxcodebase daily pivot”, you should find it there.

I can’t remember what you need to set the time to to get NY pivots, it always kinda confuses me.

Hope that helps.

Jamie

Hi ICT,

Thanks for the video. I’m starting from your newbie trader series and wonder do you have pdf soft copies for those videos?

Dtpips
No he doesn’t…you’ll have to enjoy them the way we did…copying them by hand…great learning when u do it by hand…lol…enjoy the journey its well worth the ride…

syzygus,

i’m certainly enjoying those videos, but unlike the more advanced videos where ICT is actually doing something and talking along at the same time, the newbie videos, from what i can tell, are just slides and can be converted to pdf if ICT is willing to do that

thanks anyway though, I guess I’ll have to download the video if there’s no pdf available

dtpips,

Welcome to the thread, and good luck in your trading. I believe it’s to our benefit that ICT has shared the first set of presentations as silent videos as opposed to a pdf. Suppose he presented them as a pdf; I, for one, would probably rush through it and not let the content sink in. By presenting them as videos with long pauses prior to transitioning to the next frame, it gives us an opportunity to digest the material slowly. Of course you have the option of fast forwarding it, but it’s a nuisance and you’re almost feeling forced to wait for the next frame in case you skip over one. It also helps build patience.

If you would still like them presented as a pdf, you could probably take screenshots of each frame and compile that into a pdf. yourself; or a slideshow for that matter. ICT has presented us with a wealth of information out of his generosity and, he hasn’t stopped there. I’m sure he’s very busy with the ForeXmas material and it would be unfair to request past material to be converted into other formats when all it takes is a bit of patience on our end. It’s not like we’re missing out on anything presented, so we can certainly take the time and do it ourselves if necessary. It will only help.

not a problem, just thought that pdfs might be available.
u reminded me something, i need to be patient, sit through and learn this stuff. all for the better!

Looking at this, it makes sense particularly when looking at it from the side of the market maker.

Was there a trade here though that the market reversal profile will highlight?

I don’t see a tradable long OTE during the LO KZ, and I may be able to see one on the NYO KZ for a short. But there doesn’t appear to be good tradeable OTE’s during the KZ’s here. I do see some outside of the KZ’s.

I’m not sure the tools in the toolkit we currently have would point to a trade here. Or am I missing something that there was a trade here and not seeing it?

I could make an argument that we could identify areas we think price would react, but none in an area where an OTE on the 5 min chart formed during a KZ.

Guys, just purely out of interest, why does the Asian session end up being so dead, even when overlapping the New York session? I can understand that all the big boys from London have closed shop for the day, but why is it that the Asians don’t create much liquidity?

I replied to your earlier inquiry; not sure if you read it. I would say the main reason is because the asian session is more interested in trading the yen pairs or the aud and nzd. ICT has a video up on i think the asian session tactic that has a beautiful graph of who is providing the liquidity for the most part.

Thanks! :slight_smile: Sorry I must have missed it :open_mouth:

I understand what you are trying to demonstrate but the fiber broke out the opposite way and as pips stated before there is not a nice tradable ote. I always look for a 40-30 pip ote swing to get in just because that was one of your earlier mentions of staying safe; something you may show us to disregard in the right situation.

So if we are trading the soup and it makes the false breakout lower how did u determine an entry long? the 1.5450 level that was support on tuesday and just put a 25 pip stop? or a certain pip amount move outside of the azn channel?

Minor details that would have kept me out because I just didnt see anything nice in terms of what I understand.

Jamie,

welcome to our little slice of heaven. Ask any questions you have, there are a lot of helpful people here and a lot of good traders. You will learn alot from them.

Thanks for the info, it helps a ton!

Personally, I get so much more out of it going through it and taking notes by hand. I just wish I would write with my left hand. At least when I have arthritis in my right hand I will have all that pip money to get the best treatment;)

Plus the biggest lesson in the newbie videos…without being stated…is patience.

I wonder how many people (before this thread had thousands of posts and knew there had to be something to it), started the newbie videos, got bored and moved on due to not having patience to absorb what was being shown to them.

Hi, accept my sympathy about ur ill right hand but u could still manage typing the notes (just like u typed ur posts) & printing them out. How about that?