What Every New & Or Aspiring Forex Trader... Still Wants To Know

I’m starting to put some things together, in a somewhat foggy fashion. So, Asian range provides the accumulation phase for the entire day, and range parameters high and low. I’m thinking this concept may be used in conjunction with another pearl of wisdom you had relayed a while ago regarding the high probability of the daily high or low being set by 05:00 EST (?). Or maybe I’m off. Anyway, I’m going to take a step back and go through all my notes to start connecting all the dots on a macro level, then zoom in. Maybe some lights will go off in the process, with the ultimate light show taking place on Christmas day. Cheers!

So pretty much the 25 days of christmas means after the 24th I wont sleep for 25 days???

The real answer is… I take no analysis stance either way until second week of the month of January. I don’t see anything in the COT I would trade off of in here. This is why I take off the time… otherwise I’d be trading. Enjoy the Holidays and give your psyche a rest… the videos will have you buzzing enough. 2012 will serve us well enough to not have to concern ourselves in here.

An MT4 Tip: Copying trendlines, hold Ctrl and drag.
Draw a Trendline (in this case from 0 gmt to 5 gmt or NY midnight) make it nice and straight, double click so all the end points show up put your mouse pointer on the trendline, hold the Ctrl button and drag the now copied trendline to the next range high/low.
Makes life a lot easier.

Wally

When I look at these Asian Ranges I see…

If Higher TimeFrame directional bias is up, price will first break to the down side and then launch price higher…

or if price first breaks out in the direction of Higher TF bias it will come back to retest the Asian range before it takes off…

ICT is this correct…?

Should be pretty easy to code as an indicator so you can test out a whole bunch of pairs and go back as far as you want.

runs away before akea…

:smiley:

You Sir have struck Platinum… now mine it deeper!
:35:

Consider what you know on how to determine “Sentiment”.
Consider what you know about Market Structure & Market Flow.
Consider what the Trinity and Pivots suggest.

Add this to the equation… I see the gears spinning now! :59:

You have no idea how many times I’ve cursed MT4, a seemingly “professional” platform, for not having the ability to simply copy lines.

Oh look, my humble pie has been served, yum!

Hmmm seems like an asian session indicator magically just showed up on the first page. Creepy. Thanks ICT!

Please refer to the first post to get your mittens on the Asian Session Range MT4 indi I use and place it in the following folder of your MT4 platform:

/experts/indicators

When loading it use 5:00 not 8:00 as the session end… and Voila!

You are welcome :57:

Smart Money at work! :wink:

Gears spinning… whistles blowing… mind melting

must save… breakthrough… for … new… trading… year

[B]2012 BABY W000000000000000[/B]

I am trying to put all of this together…might take me awhile…lol

Enjoy the ride brother… enjoy it… this is where the Magic happens!

:59:

I have to sign off folks… I’m getting too excited for you and I am starting to feel like Christmas is too long of a wait… :wink:

Enjoy your new Treasure Map… and happy hunting. :57:

Hi ICT,

We met in the chatroom. I’d like to say a big thank you from the bottom of my heart and God bless you.
I haven’t read the entire thread cuz it’s long and I don’t have a lot of time at the moment.
I am patiently waiting for the 25 days of ForeXmas.
I downloaded the first 3 videos from youtube. Now I will see if I can get them into my iPhone to view while I go to work.

Once again a big thank you, I wish to understand all of this info as it is overwhelming and also I will follow you in 2012.

Take care,

Sag :wink:

Okay let me calm down a minute too and try to translate this excitement to some new traders…

Trader’s don’t need to know which way the price will move to make money. They are perfectly content having the ODDS on their side. This is called their [B]edge[/B].

You then strike whenever your edge is present. When your bias is lined with your technical levels, you strike. Over and over again, you strike.

Combine all the things Michael is talking about… the edge is powerful. You can strike many times a week. Keep attacking those poor saps who are taking the POOR ODDS consistently. Strike and take your pips, take your dollars, take your euros, take your pounds.

THIS EDGE, which is the sum of all the tools and concepts, IS YOUR ATM

I’m not seeing what you guys are seeing.

Maybe someone can walk me through it…

Do you have a copy of the LO trade profile?

Combine with 4H/Daily flows for a solid bias. Go in there looking for shorts or longs ONLY, and then attack with the technical tools. Pivots, Figures, OTEs, institutional levels, daily Highs/Lows

AND remember your money managemnt. Take some lots off at the 20-30 mark. Aim for the extensions, look for the pivot levels to be filled. Wait for small range consolidation days to take place before your setup for extra potential on your winners :wink:

I’m sure there’s so many more little things, but that’s my “basics”.

It’s just a really really good template. ICT not telling you “this is how you have to trade”. He’s just saying, this is what works for me and this is how I do it. Change what you want… explore the variances in profit. However if you ignore some main components… don’t expect it to look like the picture on the box, lol